Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Feeling Discouraged:(

Right now I feel like I need a meal plan to go by day to day!! I have a Green Lemonade in the morning then I have some fruit lunch big green salad with some curry crackers snack lara bar or carrots dinner big salad with fruit..My stomach is bloated everytime I eat I feel like I have bubbles in my stomach and gas:( What am i doing wrong?? I have a headache and I’m tired! when I first started I felt great any advice on simple quick meal plans..I’m thinking maybe doing a cooked dinner? I went on a no preserv diet before Raw where I had a shake in the morning no gluten or wheat all i really ate were sweet potatoes,Brown rice,fish,fruit was only the berrys nothing else nuts alomonds and pumkin seeds no dairy and I felt great no bloated tummy.. Not sure what to do…..

Comments

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

sounds like your digestive fires are running low….have you ever added enzymes to your diet? some raw fooders prefer to stick with food only, though I have found enzyme supplementation to be helpful during certain passages good luck!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

how long have you been raw? i hate to reiterate this point but, of course, could be detox (or if not detox, withdrawal) symptoms. hoowever to ease your discomfort i would recommend you live on smoothies (supplemented with seeds and oils if necessary) for a little bit until your digestion settles down.

• I agree with both Blujett, and Elizabeth on this one. Take a probiotic (2 a day) and nothing but yummy smoothies for about a week- you can add oatmeal that has bee soaked for a bit to your smooties, Oatmeal is an anti-inflammatory, and natural soother (aloe juice too). Make your smoothies with homamde almond milk, let me know if you need the recipe, but I think that it is on this site in recipes as well. Good luck, and keep us updated- I will prob. be joining you this week on the smooties. :)

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I buy my probiotics in a loose powder. It is easy to add it to smoothies, it doesn’t really affect the taste and it makes it easy.

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

My tummy goes topsy turvy if I don’t keep it simple and food combine. smoothies are ok, if I have a salad I usually have to leave it a few hours before eating fruit again. And, NOT eating fruit after something dry and concentrated like nut or seed bread or fruit bar with seeds.

• KrystaleKrystale Raw Newbie

The Raw Foods Detox Diet is a fairly decent book with daily menu plans in it and a scoring system for yourself to determine where you should be starting. It does include some cooked foods. It’s meant to transition someone to raw. Perhaps you’re detoxing, but on the other hand perhaps you’re one of those people who finds out they really are sensitive to combining food, which she also covers in TRFDD.

• Thanks for all the info I think you are all right more smoothies and less food combining..I’m going to try this out and see how I fell. Elizabethh I have been raw for 2weeks I prob having some symptoms of detox. My stomach has always been very sensitive last night for dinner I had a spinich,banana,avo shake with almond milk and I felt good..Thank you:)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

the famous 2 weeks again! if you read back on all these forums people are always complaining at the 2 week mark…. fascinating. and this is exactly the time period natalia rose estimates it will take your body to go “wait, too fast!” she recommends getting a colonic or having a little bit of cooked food at night to slow down detox.

i’ve been making a great digestive elixir that works so well for me… you blend a tiny bit of water with an inch of ginger and and inch of jalepeno pepper, 1 TB of lemon, and 1 TB of raw apple cider vinegar. blend blend blend. add more water to it and strain it through a tea strainer into your cup. you can also add ice.

(the reason you add most of the water last is that otherwise it will spew all over your counter!)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yep i ate a banana after my salad for lunch and my stomach was not happy. it’s weird i can take it together in a smoothie form. and pears and apples are fine after lunch.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I cannot have fruit with my fats= bloating and gas for me. Apparently the fats keep the fruit too long in the system so it ferments. Try having the fruit in the am only. I also have realized I need to fuel the day only—big fruit/green smoothie around 9:30ish, Bigger lunch-around 2:30-usually salad w/ seed pate (better for my digestion than nuts—always soaked) and maybe a soaked seed cracker of the week, though today I was excited about the pumpkin seed sage cracker I made and decided to pile on some homemade salsa. Dinner almost always is a smaller salad of only greens w/ dulse and a nice dressing.

• Hi, I’m at the 2-week point (approx.) too and am having similar challenges. I also feel hungry and find myself eating loads of bananas to satiate my appetite. Now my stomach is tender (kind of raw feeling). Love all the great advice. I also have to be careful about the fat content as I gain weight easily with nuts (love them LOL). My challenge is to feel satisfied throughout the day without eating lots of nuts. I’ve read Alissa Cohen’s book and some of her clients said they avoid nuts and oils for the same reason and they keep the meals simple: fruits for breakfast and big salads for dinner. I don’t have a dehydrator so am not doing crackers right now… also afraid I’ll rely too heavily on them as I love the crunch.

• This is only my fourth day of being raw. I am using up the last vestiges of my previous SAD diet which includes some store bought dressings, roasted peanuts in the shell and a little bit of brown rice left. This morning when I woke up I had a grapefruit for breakfast and about 20 minutes later all hell broke loose. I was pretty much cramped for the whole day and my derriere was praying to the porcelain god. My stomach is finally settled down enough for me to eat again. I am enjoying my enormous salad of spring mix, spinach, cucumber, celery, radishes, red onion and carrot. The previous three days for breakfast I had a fruit salad consisting of pineapple, blackberries and strawberries with no stomach and intestinal reactions. I have to admit I was pretty freaked out the whole day but found if I concentrated on my breathing and focused on toxins being released I felt a whole lot better. I’m really curious as to how I will feel in two weeks.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

cavegal – sounds familiar! i had that happen to me while 80% raw. when i became all raw, after the 2nd week i had challenges. i was exhausted, and i couldn’t stomach anything but fruit. i had fruit only for my entire 3rd week, and slept most of the time. i even had symptoms of a cold/nausea for 24 hours during my third or fourth week. but now it’s week 7 and im feeling great!

• jsorensens2jsorensens2 Raw Jr. Superstar

Want to curb your hunger that hits you midday? This is probably a no-brainer for the long-term raw foodists, but for me it was a great discovery – apple carrot juice in the afternoon as a snack! I juiced 9 pretty big carrots and half of one apple and it was an amazingly satisfying snack in the middle of the afternoon to take away that hunger that hits you a couple of hours before dinner. It made about 2 cups. I juiced it in the morning, put it in a thermal cup and kept it on my desk at work all day long, and it was just as fresh as ever at 3:30. I will definitely do that often. It’s so satisfying and fills you up, unlike fruit. It got me through my hour-long commute home and I didn’t feel like I needed to attack the frig when I got home! :-)

• suryadayasuryadaya Raw Newbie

jsorsens2: THANK YOU for that. I work 9-10 hour shifts 7 days a week with a long commute. I have a itsy bitsy lunchbag and I’ve been trying to find juices that are meaty and delicious and not icky after sitting in a thermal cup for 5 hours! I’ll try this tomorrow morning!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I just watched an interview with Victoria Boutenko, and she said that if kept cold, green smoothies can last up to 3 days! Might help to take with you if you have a thermos or cooler to keep it in. Victoria says she takes them on road trips in a cooler.