Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What's in Your Kitchen?

RawsikiRawsiki Raw Newbie

I thought it might be fun to talk about all the fantastic ingredients and equipment that we have in our kitchen.

I also thought that it might help out the newbies (like me) to read what the average raw foodist uses to get by and what items are essential for every raw person to have.

Being a broke college student in a small dorm, I really don’t have much, but I’ll write what I have at the moment just for kicks:

-Baby food processor

-1 sheet of foil

-A small fridge

-Leftover pear ice cream

-half a container of mushrooms

-Chopped and frozen cauliflower

-TONS of nuts (3 packs macadamia, 2 packs walnuts,1 pack almonds….)

-A billion containers and ziplock bags

-4 empty tea packets (they smell so lovely!)

-Cinnamon

-Oat groats

-1 apple

-Fat sack of nutritional yeast

-Container of “butter”

That’s about it!

Comments

• a dehydrator, a vitamix, 2 champion juicers, a mini food processor, parchment paper (for the dehydrator), oranges (3 kinds), grapefruit, pineapple, apples (2 types), cucumber, roma tomatos, dino kale, celery, ginger, lemons, mangos, kiwi, half a durian, spinach, bag of mixed greens, arugula, corriander, red/yellow onions, red bell, green onions, sundried tomatos, raw kalamata olives, tons of spices & herbs, kelp, raw white miso, coconuts, brocolli (getting soft, needs to be juiced), sunseeds, almonds, cashews, pine nuts, flax seeds (ground and unground), carob powder, dates (2 kinds), namu shoyou, raw apple cider vinegar, homemade shitake mushroom dressing, & SUPERFOODS-maca, camu camu, MSM, spirulina, vitamineral greens, cacao powder, cacao nibs…..off the top of my head.

i’ve got a family of 4 to uncook for…and i live in the kitchen.

ps: many avocados in my kitchen too

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

i can’t even begin a list, i’m like a squirrel, storing things away!

• OH wow… lets see… food processor small processor blender dehydrator #1 (#2 is in storage) 2 lbs carrots kale several tomatoes a big bag of white onions a small bunch of green onions 3 oranges 3 apples 8 kiwis 8 plums bunch of celery 8 strawberries half a watermelon half head lettuce

I won’t mention what the husband and the kids eat… too much and its not healthy.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

1 blender

1 food processor

1 dehydrator

1 magic bullet

1 coffee grinder (for flax and spices)

1 juicer

an insane amount of greens

3lbs of carrots

beets, fennel, zucchini, cukes, avocados, lemons, oranges, mangos, bananas, limes grapefruit, bell peppers, mushrooms, cauliflower…

sunflower seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, really raw almonds, really raw walnuts, hemp seeds, sesame seeds

2 young coconuts and a sack of ginger

dates, dehydrated apple slices

in the freezer: almonds and durian

fresh herbs and sprouts growing on my table, and spices in jars

wow… i’ll stop cuz it would get ridiculous. =)

that juicer looks super important… not sure how that happened

• coffe grinder, food processor and hand mixer (Braun brand), a manual juicer( Healthy juicer),

A ton of flaxseeds, 2 packs of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, a ton of seeds for sprouting, spirulina, grape seed and barely green powders, lots of spices, goji berries, bee polen, a pack of not raw cocoa, a lot of red onions and garlic, really sundried tomatoes some raw oats, buckwheat, quinoe and some raw wheat germ

a small bag of spinach, a pack of kiwis, grapefruits, some oranges, 3 lemons, cucumbers, 3 big beets, zucchini hummus and tuna from this site, yum!, celery, some dandelions, mung bean sprouts,

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

3 blenders, 2 food processors, a sprialiser(never used), coffee grinder, mannual iron wheatgrass juicer,a Champion, Exclaibur plus one home made dehydrator, 5 trays of sunflower sprouts sprouting, 2 basil plants, a vase of parsely, one pot of marinated mushrooms, one pot of dehydrated then marinated mushrooms, some peices of raw vegan bacon, 2 pineapples, 1 kilo dates, a few peices of raw carrot onion bread, 10 green apples, 2 peaches, 7 lemons, 4 bottles of raw orange juice, 6 pears, 3 kilos of flax seeds, 1 kilo of pine nuts, 1 kilo of walnuts, 3 cucumbers, 2 bunches spring onions, 2 heads of celery, coriander,ginger, 1 box of sea salt crystals, 2 kilos of maca, 5 litres of water, 500g of spirulina, about 20 jars of different herbs and spices, 500g buckwheat, 2 heads of garlic, 2 bottles of ACV, 3 couguettes, 3 500g bags of spinach, 500g of kale, 5 avocados, 5 kilos of carrots and a 25 kilo bag of onions …hmmmm….stocks are low!

zoe—does dehydrating the mushrooms and then marinading them bring out the flavor?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

It makes them soak up the marinade like a sponge. Chris’s recipe is nothing short of a miracle. You must try it!

http://goneraw.com/recipes/407-Grilled-Meat-for…

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Ok, I’ll start with the easy things:

Blender

A RED Kitchen Aid food processor :) love it!

dehydrator :)

magic bullet

fridge

a chinese cleaver :)

chefs knives :)

KALE!!

Zuchini

celery

carrots

cucumber

spinach

arugula

apples

bananas

cherry tomatoes

daikon radish

lemons

grapefruit

pumkin seeds

sunflower seeds

flax seeds

raw cocoa bliss spread

raw tahini

raw cashew butter

dried lentils

maca

gogi berries

bee pollen

spirulina

dulse flakes

a couple types of wierd looking chinese mushroom i am not sure what to do with yet!

Had a durian, but it’s gone as of yesterday!;)

And a whole wack of unraw junk that my husband pollutes his beautiful bod with. :( so sad.

Sheesh, I have too much stuff!

• RawsikiRawsiki Raw Newbie

Omigod! I’m so jealous of everyone! I really wish I wasn’t broke so that I could have more groceries. The lists are amazing! Next year, I have a new meal plan that’ll save me tons of money and man, I can not wait to splurge!

• Equipment incl: - Kitchen Aid ProLine blender - Excalibur dehydrator 9 trays - Breville Juice Fountain juicers (1 old,1 new) - Greenstar 1000 juicer - 11-cup Cuisinart food processor - 3-cup Cuisinart mini food processor - coffee grinder - Borner V-Slicer mandoline - Benriner Cooks Help spiralizer - salad spinner - popsicle molds - nutmilk bag - hemp sprouting bags - Lg Henckels kitchen knife - microwave and small coffee pot

Foods in my kitchen incl: - variety of spices,condiments,oils - fresh fruits such as grapefruit, tangerines, pears, bananas, etc etc - freezer full of quart containers I have filled with homemade juices and green smoothies. Some include: carrot/ginger juice, apple/grapefruit juice, watermelon juice, cantaloupe/ginger juice, apple/celery juice, kale/pear/raspberry smoothies, spinach/lime/pear/banana smoothies, red leaf lettuce/strawberry/banana smoothies, celery/kiwi/banana smoothies, etc.etc.

I juice a lot and blend a lot of greens with fruit to get even more greens into my diet, then I freeze these into containers and take out what I need the night before to defrost. I also eat fresh fruits and sometimes split a small (microwaved) yam with my dog (she eats most of it, loves yams!. I generally don’t like nuts and seeds and am trying to eat cleaner raw (mostly greens and fruits, some veggies). I threw out my salt and rarely use condiments because they generally are unrefreshing and unnatural to me. I am working on quitting coffee/caffeine. I do sometimes eat a bit of chocolate or bread or something that is vegetarian but non-raw. I have, however, cut out most grains, incl. raw or sprouted grains, from my diet. I do find the more green smoothies and greens I consume, the less my cravings for processed foods.

Definitely time to go grocery shopping for fresh produce!

• Equipment: - Kitchen Aid ProLine blender - Excalibur dehydrator 9 trays - Breville Juice Fountain juicers (1 old,1 new) - Greenstar 1000 juicer - 11-cup Cuisinart food processor - 3-cup Cuisinart mini food processor - coffee grinder - Borner V-Slicer mandoline - Benriner Cooks Help spiralizer - salad spinner - popsicle molds - nutmilk bag - hemp sprouting bags - Lg Henckels kitchen knife

Foods in my kitchen: - large variety of spices,condiments, etc. - fresh fruits such as grapefruit, tangerines, pears, bananas, etc etc - freezer full of quart containers I have filled with homemade juices and green smoothies. Some include: carrot/ginger juice, apple/grapefruit juice, watermelon juice, cantaloupe/ginger juice, apple/celery juice, kale/pear/raspberry smoothies, spinach/lime/pear/banana smoothies, red leaf lettuce/strawberry/banana smoothies, celery/kiwi/banana smoothies, etc.etc.

I juice a lot and blend a lot of greens with fruit to get even more greens into my diet, then I freeze these into containers and take out what I need the night before to defrost. I also eat fresh fruits and sometimes split a small (microwaved) yam with my dog (she eats most of it, loves yams!)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I have: blender, juicer (Omega 8003), food processor (old & wimpy but still works), Excalibur dehydrator (9-tray), Teflex sheets for dehydrator, popscicle molds, spatulas, whisks, citrus zester, pie plates, garlic press (Pampered Chef – does ginger, too), various mixing bowls, lots of Rubbermaid-type containers and Ziploc bags of various sizes, plastic wrap, foil, wax paper, disposable dishes (I know – I have issues with doing dishes – I’ll recover someday), popscicle sticks, and my mom’s Vita-Mix.

Foods in my kitchen: Olive oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, RealSalt, lots of dried herbs & spices, raw olives, sun-dried tomatoes, raw agave nectar, raw apple cider vinegar, mung beans, lentils, alfalfa seeds, buckwheat, quinoa, sweet brown rice (sproutable), sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, raw dried coconut, coconut oil, coconut butter, fresh garlic, walnuts, hazelnuts, pine nuts, cashews, Brazil nuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts, hemp seeds, wheat, barley, flax seeds, maca powder, spirulina, raw cacao powder, raw carob powder, raw honey, medjool dates, tahini, raw sauerkraut, nama shoyu, kelp noodles, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, eggplant, red cabbage, green cabbage, mango, pineapple, pear, kiwi, apples, tomatoes, white onion, red onion, green onions, portabella mushrooms, young coconuts, tons of frozen fruit, and some non-raw stuff for my son (whole grain bread & pancake mix, natural peanut butter & jam, organic soymilk, blackstrap molasses & canned black beans)

You guys really inspired me to take a look and be grateful for the abundance I enjoy now – I remember not having much in the kitchen not so long ago. I also was inspired to go and buy fresh produce – that was really lacking. Thank you all! And Rawsiki, I understand your plight. I am now a student, and the main reason I am able to have so much food now is that I have started ordering things in bulk (nuts, seeds, oils, spices, herbs, etc.) when I get financial aid at the beginning of each semester, so I am able to get more for my money. Good luck!

• RawsikiRawsiki Raw Newbie

Woo! Now that I’m home for the summer and mom’s buying tons of groceries and dad’s bringing home crops growing around our farm, and there are like a million good health food stores, here’s what’s in my kitchen:

Cocoa powder, carob powder Raw almond, cashews, peanuts, macadamia nuts Medjool dates (FROM THE FARM) Apple bananas, Lychee, lemon, Plantains, coconuts, Eggplant, papaya Strawberries, Watermelon, Pineapple, Apples Oat groats/steel-cut oats Spinach, carrots, broccoli, cucumber, celery, lettuce, mushrooms, bell pepper, sprouts, zucchini Raw bread, raw mac nut cheese, homemade sundried tomatoes Almond date coconut rolls Spices Brown rice Juicer, 2 food processors, blender, food pounder, all types of kitchen supplies Cold pressed olive oil

YAY! I am not going to want to go back to school!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

equipment: dehydrator, blentec, cuisinart, miniprep chopper, juicer, mango pitter, apple/pear corer, apple slicer, zester, grater, wustof knives, wooden spoons, mixing bowls, citrus juicer

in the cabinet: nori, coconut, walnuts, raisins, raw revolution bar, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, dates, agave nectar, some unraw junk from before i was raw that my hubby still uses, grains like quinoa that he eats, olive oil, sea salt, cashews, flax seeds, popcorn kernels from before i was raw, spices, balsamic vinegar, cacoa nibs

refrigerator: half a melon, kale, chard, head of lettuce, greens mix, celery, homemade tahini, lemon cookies (raw of course), almond mylk, kombacha tea, sprouts, cider vinegar, other unraw stuff my husband uses from time to time, dehydrated sweet potatoes for the dogs, big bag of carrots for juice and the dogs treats, spirulina, mint, cilantro, bag of mushrooms, spring onions, 1 zuchinni, spring beets for juicing

freezer: local frozen fruit, chia seeds, flax seeds, frozen bananas, frozen spinach for the hubby

in the fruit bowl(s): big bag of oranges, big bunch of bananas, a whole melon, bag of onions, ginger, shallots, lemon, an apple

on the counter waiting to be eaten: a small bag of cherries from the farmer’s market

and probably everywhere are some things that need to be tossed/donated. i plan on having a tag sale this summer to get rid of some stuff that we don’t use.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I tend to have lots of some things and just a bit of others, and some things I rarely eat while others I eat constantly, so it’s not as much as it sounds. Let’s see, this is what I have now: apples, bananas, avocados, pear, strawberries, raspberries, lettuce, kale, parsley,zucchini, dulse, tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, purple cabbage, walnuts, almonds, raw olive oil, raw coconut flakes, loose leaf black tea(haha, oops), sesame seed paste, alfalfa seed for sprouting, chickpeas, jar of honey, a container of my own walnut milk/rasperry sherbert, wow I sound like a total hog!

equipment: knives galore(my main tools), a mini food processor, a borrowed dehydrator(rarely used), a borrowed Champion juicer( never used, damn!), good wood cutting board, and Band-Aids.

• In my kitchen? 6 hungry children….and some food too.