Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Durian

I was watching a show on the travel channel about a guy who travels the world eating strange and exotic foods (most of which are really gross animal based stuff) He tried Durian and his reaction to it was he actually spit it out and said he couldn’t do it! Know that this man eats stuff like worms and animal organs on any given day and he could not handle this fruit. I was wondering everybodies take on it here.

Comments

• i’ve never eaten a worm or an animal organ. you couldnt pay me enough money to try that. BUT…i love Durian…very much. it’s mos def an exotic TREAT!

• hmmmmm I’m thinking I must try it some time.

• TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

Yea i always wondered myself why he couldnt handle Durian…. I love it!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

lol

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

I know that episode! Pretty funny, huh? I really enjoy durian right out of the freezer straight. I also like it blended with banana in a chocolate smoothie. But it’s a little much if I have it straight in a smoothie or pudding. :)

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

The very first mouthfull of the big D, is bizare! i wouldn’t say I wanted to spit it out or anything! The second sitting, it tasted better, then this morning I ate the remainder with cinamon and nutmeg and it was even better. It’s that initial oniony tinge that i almost couldn’t take. it seems that it faded the more I had it! i am going to make it a weekly ritual to buy one and eat one! Maybe I’ll join Shazzie, and try it the way she eats it!;)