Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tahini....??

Hello….SO i bought some tahini and was just wondering what is your favourite recipe/way to eat it?? It seems as though it is a base for salad dressings???

Comments

• In Egypt, used as a dip for pita bread, I thought it was great to dip Falafel into. They have a hint of fresh lemon often, and it tastes totally different there as it was fresh seed 20 minutes earlier!

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

I have a book called Eat Smart Eat Raw and it suggested putting 1/2 teaspoon of tahini in 1 pitted date and having that as a snack. After trying a couple of those Sunday night I cannot quite get them off of my mind. Definitely not something to make a habit of but it was out of this world. I use tahini mostly for salad dressings otherwise.

• you guys don’t find it to bitter to eat by itself?

• FeeFee Raw Master

AKAAuburnEyes – having read this I tried the dates and Tahini (Eat Smart Eat Raw was my first raw book and Im waiting for her latest one to arrive in the post) and WOW!! I had some fresh dates and fairtrade (but not raw) tahini and I thouroughly recommend them too.

Does anyone know if you can make your own tahini?

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

It’s a fantastic dressing. http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/3677-Sesame-Tahi…

you can certainly make your tahini- you need a high speed blender probably. just blend sesame seeds, possibly with a little oil. i haven’t done it, so look more into exactly how to do so.

• As soon as i can get some more dates I am trying them with Tahini!! Thanks for the tips!

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

Addicting isn’t it Fee? I didn’t know she had a new book. I’m going to look it up on Amazon now.

Hope you like the Tahini-Date mixture Sarm.

Winona that dressing looks great!

• Oh, Tahini! That is my favourite thing in the world ( food wise:) ). I put it in EVERYTHING.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

My favorite way to eat it is off the spoon! (I don’t do that very often, though)

• I love apple and tahini. I usually chunk up an apple and mix it with a little tahini and a couple of raisins and a pinch of sea salt—definitely a staple of mine.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i had some today on kelp noodles with bean sprouts. mmmmm

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I love crissy’s kelp chips recipe on this site.. it uses a tahini dressing to cover the chips.. and I take that recipe and use it as a salad dressing too.. so good! I didn’t really like tahini till that recipe

• FeeFee Raw Master

AkAAuburn eyes – you are in my bad books, how could you tell me about something SOOO addictive! But to show that Im not that cross Ill tell you about Kate’s New book. Its called raw magic and I got my copy yesterday. It is all about superfoods such as cacao and blue-green algae etc. It has LOADS of pictures which Im pleased with as her second book didnt have any pictres :-(

• i second kminty3 and bitt. the most popular ways i use it are in a dressing over kelp noodles (with some chilies, soy sauce, raw sesame oil and vinegar) or as a dressing for the goddess kale chips. i loves kale chips!!