Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

apple cider viniger

Is all apple cider viniger raw? What about olive oil?

Comments

• FeeFee Raw Master

There are some makes of apple cider vinegar that are raw but not all are I think. Olive oil should be cold pressed if it is to be raw. Other people can probably more specific than me but I hope that helps a little.

• thanks Fee

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

unfortunately the USA is not part of the olive oil convention (as i recently learned), so “extra virgin” and “cold pressed” don’t necessarily mean anything. it’s best to call the company, but i was lucky enough to find the most delicious ORGANIC and cheap EVOO at marshalls. $10 for 750 ml!! i wasn’t even looking for it and i LOATHE that store, but it says it doesn’t reach a temperature over 95.5 degrees on the bottle. zoe gave a tip a while back to look for “unfiltered” and “first cold pressed.” a dark bottle is a plus.

acv—look for “unpasteurized” (with the mother) and it is raw.

• Someone told me that apple cider vinegar mixed with water (not sure of the ratio) is good to have….is this true? what else do you guys use it for?

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

You can use it as a skin or hair rinse. I usually do it by eye – a tablespoon to one cup of water.

It basically removes all the years of shampoo and conditioner buildup from your hair. It also makes it shiny. As for your skin, it restores its PH balance.

Some people like to drink it (I think it’s usually right after a meal… diluted of course) to lose weight, or normalize your weight.

And of course it’s great to have in Salad Dressings and many other recipes.

Don’t get this stuff into your eyes!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Yes the olive oil thing is so decieving. Even the most exensive first cold pressed olive oil may not be raw if it does not say UNFILTERED on the bottle. The filtering process involves heating the oil to separate impurities. In the UK we can buy unfiltered raw olive oil surprisingly from Tescos, their own brand too! It costs

sarm—i started doing that when i quit wine this week. i love it! it seems to be great for digestion. sometimes i mix it up with some jalepeno pepper, lemon and ginger in the blender with ice and strain.

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

ACV is absolutely incredible when it comes to battling illness. In the winter, I was fighting a sore throat for a few days, and I ate cantaloupe and ACV for just 36 hours and it completely cleared up. I started giving ito to all of my friends, and even though they aren’t even vegetarian, they immediately felt relief! ...and then they went and had a latte…

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

I find that 1-2 TB of the stuff midday, a little after lunch, helps my food digest very well and it gives you a perk of energy that is quite delightful

• that sounds good….i am going to try it after lunch..anything to help with digestion and energy!! and hey, if it helps to balance the weight out a bit I won’t complain ;) haha!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Braggs and Spectrum are raw and will say raw unpasturized in the ingredient list. 365 organic brand is not raw.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

PIANISSIMA - You mix ACV with jalepeno pepper, lemon and ginger in the blender with ice and strain? That sounds really different. Do you have any measurements on that?

meditating—funny you should ask. i decided to post it as a recipe. =) so, if you click on my name it’s under “H2 Oh.”