Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Sensitive to Smell

koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

After being raw for a little while..I’m beginning to notice how sensitive I am to smell. Cooked processed food smells really bad. People ,for instance, really smell bad. They have this really sickly odor I can’t even discribe it. Is this “normal” with the raw diet? Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

I have definetly had this experience….I don’t mind body odor…usually... but any time I’m in a store now with fragrance I feel nauseous…..the isles with fertilizer or laundry detergent or candles are awful….my day job is stocking shelves and so I’m not sure what solution I’m going to come up with yet….Interestingly, I had this experience as a child…though got used to it somewhere along the way as my body became more and more toxic….except for coffee, the smell of processed food smells anywhere from just not good to pretty awful to me….

• I am like this, recently my work had a lot of donuts and cakes around. The smell was appealing for about err 5 seconds, by the end of the day the smell was making me feel sick.

Same with walking through town near fast food outlets etc!..

Definately more sensitive to any cooked food smells but especially processed foods

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Wow, glad I’m not alone. I often have problems going out shopping. I notice it especially at the large supermarkets. I always have to make those a quick trip cause all the smells make me a bit nauseous. But I seem to have no problems shopping at the little health food stores or markets.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Not alone girl. Things are starting to get rank in here ! Some one bring some patchouli :)

• Yeah I am way more sensitive to smells, especially the toxic ones. It’s funny because I used to be a smoker and now even the tiniest whiff of tobacco smoke and I feel like a can’t breath. People’s perfumes and chemical cleaners are also really bad. I went to my mom’s house and she was cleaning the floor with this “lavender” scented stuff and it instantly gave me a headache and made my throat feel all funny. Didn’t seem to bother her a bit! I guess when your body is no longer bogged down with bad food it’s able to warn you of all the other dangers out there.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Same here, very sensitive to smells, especially unnatural, chemical smells.

• I have to chime in here too – artificial fragrances make me nauseated and headachy. I didnt like them before now they really bother me. SAD food smells doesnt bother me much, its just everything else. I’m thinking of trying to push for my office to be perfume free.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I hate smoke. It makes my eyes burn, my throat hurt and it smells terrible. As for other smells, only greasy smells like fried foods, and really sweet smells make me nauseous.