Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Living Water

Okay, so I have been researching water for awhile.

Comments

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

thank you so much for posting this!!

i have been confused about water for some time, feeling like in a catch 22. I decided that reverse osmosis was better than bottled, so i’ve been getting that in glass jugs, but i have been very concerned about the acidity and that it is supposed to leach out the minerals from your body. i figured that (true) spring water in glass containers would be optimal…so ionized water is the best then huh? i’m gonna have to check out those links, and see about getting a filter… im sick of worrying about fluoride and chlorine, arsenic, drugs etc in the water…

i appreciate so much you posting the results of your research…makes my day so much easier….

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

So far I’m doing it on the cheap and it is working… The water taste wonderful, chemical free… I use “Prill beads” all the information is on one of my recipes… check it out, the beads work for more than 5 years so you can’t beat the price… I put the bag of prill seeds into my gallon sun tea glass jar and at night top of the level with tap water… It is then ready for use in the morning…

• Waterbaby12347 – Thanks for the post.

I had not ever heard of Prill Beads before. I searched and this is what I found…

Prill Beads are a kiln-hardened form of magnesium oxide that alkalizes and transforms ordinary water into restructured “microwater” for internal (drinking) or external (bathing) purposes. This dynamic water is similar in nature to dew.

When taken internally as drinking water, it swiftly assimilates into the blood and tissues, quickly hydrating all the cells and tissues in the body. Prill Beads may also be used to restructure and alkalize water for therapeutic bathing.

Improve Drinking Water with Prill Beads http://www.newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james54…

In conclusion, if you cannot afford a alkaline ionizer, this would seem to be the route to take. Because the key is to drink alkaline water.

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Check out my recipe under raw water. Click my picture to get to it. I think water ionizers and distillers are great improvements to tap water, however.

• Thanks Yuna -

I looked at your raw water recipe.

You might find the link I mentioned above very interesting. I did.

Living Water http://health-science-spirit.com/livingwater.html

Here under Bio-Energy they talk about the use of our rainwater. (Rainwater is energized, especially during thunderstorms and showers on sunny days. However, Mr. Walter Last says the maximum benefit is gained if rainwater is collected and used without touching metal. He also goes on to say it may be preferable for fresh raw food and especially when making fresh juices.)

But I also find Dr. Masaru Emoto intriguing. His research shows how water is effected by human thoughts and feelings.

Yuna – How long have you been using quantum touch?

• Has anyone else tried these prill beads..

Waterbaby there is no information about them on your profile in one of your recipe, unless I missed it.

I just looked up a ionizer on Amazon and they are going for 980.00 … “what gives” it really shouldn’t be this hard to get fresh water. I feel like cussing.

The info is in the comment section of the Major Anti-oxidant breakfast smoothie… Sorry, it took me a while to find it too… There is an 800 number to call and a website… Enjoy your new hydration!!!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

ardesmond2—i know how you feel!

i’ve been purchasing and drinking reverse osmosis water from whole foods. honestly, i feel better than i every have. i add a squeeze of lemon or a TB of AVC to it every time and i’m wondering if maybe that helps with the negative affects. anyone know?

Here is a link to the website and info about Prill Beads… YOU are gonna love the price!!!

http://life-enthusiast.com/usa/product_info.php…

• Here is a short clip I found comparing Prill Beads….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aJKX5qijRA&feat…

From what I have briefly read and research, I have come to the conclusion, you want to make sure you are purchasing irregular beads. The site that waterbaby12347 posted (Life Enthusiast Co-op) sells irregular beads.

The perfectly round beads make you wonder, if they are maybe too processed. (Just a thought)

I called this site and they too sell the irregular beads… Global Light Network http://www.globallight.net/ProductInfo.aspx?pro…

Here is another site that tells you how to use prill beads…. The Wolfe Clinic (I called this site to and found out that they sell the irregular beads.) http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/prillbeads.html

So for those of us who cannot afford the alkaline ionized filters, prill beads definitely seem like another Great alternative.

But make sure you check out the benefits of prill beads, alkaline ionizers, and Dr. Masaru Emoto’s research. The benefits are amazing!

I think the goal is to get living water, water that is alive, alkaline water back into our systems, our bodies.

• not to burst anyone’s bubble but I don’t agree with the whole concept of “living water” from a chemical or biological point of view. From wikipedia.org I found the following regarding the work of Dr. Masaru Emoto:

Commentators have criticized Emoto for insufficient experimental controls,[4] and for not sharing enough details of his approach with the scientific community. [5] In addition, Emoto has been criticized for designing his experiments in ways that leave them open to human error influencing his findings. [6]

In the day-to-day work of his group, the creativity of the photographers rather than the rigor of the experiment is an explicit policy of Emoto.[7] Emoto freely acknowledges that he is not a scientist,[8] and that photographers are instructed to select the most pleasing photographs.[9]

James Randi, founder of the James Randi Educational Foundation, has publicly offered Emoto one million dollars if his results can be reproduced in a double-blind study.[11] Randi has also stated that he does not expect to ever have to pay the million dollars.

• Sorry Pianissima – I did not see your post until a minute ago.

I was drinking reverse osmosis from our health food store, so I understand how you feel. But when you start to look around and research the information, you start to question the choices.

Use the links I posted and start asking questions. Come to your own conclusion and do what you feel is best.

Reverse Osmosis not only removes contamination, but it strips the water of all the good stuff, too.

Our water contains calcium, potassium, and magnesium. Reverse Osmosis removes all these benefical minerals, leaving you with “dead water”. This is especially bad for growing children whose bodies need those minerals.

Unless you are putting those minerals back into your water, I don’t think the lemon is helping. I would think the lemon is just making it more acidic.

Just like Kundalalita – I felt like I was in a catch 22.

• Here’s another discussion thread I ran across at Pro-Active Health Net

http://www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/arch…

The topic is called Do you Drink Living Water?

It is very informative and interesting. They talk a lot about the chemicals in our water and more. Waterbaby12347 - They also mention the use of prill beads a lot. Thanks for sharing the prill bead information.

simplyraw—my understanding of it was that the minerals in water were useless to our bodies since they don’t come from plants… just like the copper on our pipes being useless, if not harmful. i doubt the lemon is making it more acidic since lemon actually acts alkaline in the body (not all foods that are sour are acidic in the body).

but i will look into this, i’ve just gotten a lot of conflicting info on water.

• What about spring water?

• I agree, pianissima. Lemon, although acidic, is alkalinizing in the body. I have been using RO water for a few years now and found out only a year ago that there are no minerals left in the water after going through the RO system and so I am adding liquid minerals using a product called Health Solutions ConcenTrace. It’s a full-spectrum, body-balanced, Ionic Mineral Concentrate manufactured by Mineral Resources Int’l out of Roy, Utah. (www.concensea.com) I buy it at a local health food market (Planet Organic) in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Hope this is helpful.

• Spring Water

Minerals become dissolved in the water as it moves through the underground rocks. This may give the water flavor and even carbon dioxide bubbles, depending upon the nature of the geology through which it passes. This is why spring water is often bottled and sold as mineral water, although the term is often the subject of deceptive advertising. Springs that contain significant amounts of minerals are sometimes called ‘mineral springs’. Springs that contain large amounts of dissolved sodium salts, mostly sodium carbonate, are called ‘soda springs’. (from wikipedia.org)

Bottled water has very few federal filtration or disinfection requirements. The entire bottled water industry is basically unregulated in comparison to tap water.

The reality is that there is a much greater regulation of tap water than bottled. Although these water seem to come from a cleaner source, you rarely know exactly what your getting when you drink bottled water. Spring waters are the safest bet, but even they don’t have to publish the results of their testing. (Get Fresh magazine)

Here is a link about the journey of Spring Water. Reading the article you will learn about the contaminants you might or might not find in Spring Water. It is called “The Science of Spring Water”... http://www.rps.psu.edu/pennsylvania/water.html

Due to elaborate and expensive advertising campaigns and misleading labels, the bottled water industry has fooled the public into believing that their water is the best and cleanest that money can buy. Billions of dollars are being spent annually on overpriced bottled water, and most people don’t even know where it originates. Many of the top selling brands just use water that is drawn from a local municipal source, bottle it, label it and put on the shelf. So in many cases, not only are you basically drinking tap water, approximately 90% of the cost is to pay for the bottle and the label. Don’t ever assume that just because you purchase water in a bottle, it is better regulated, safer, or more pure than other water. (Do You Know What’s in Your Water?)

Natural Spring Water or Reconstituted Tap Water? http://www.allaboutwater.org/tap-water.html

You can look at some clips with Daniel Vitalis speaking about Spring Water on youtube. I think if you have access to go bottle (using glass bottles) your own clean, living Spring Water that is probably one of the best bets. Probably would not hurt to make sure you know your Spring Water source, too. I have heard that David Wolfe suggests to get and drink water, Spring Water this way.

• debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

The whole water topic is incredibly complicated – I’m considering a water ioniser and have a whole pile of literature two competing companies in the UK sent me.

But, in the meantime I’m trying to drink as much as I can of the best water on the planet (and it’s free). You can find out where to get this water at

Website Link

• debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

The whole water topic is incredibly complicated – I’m considering a water ioniser and have a whole pile of literature two competing companies in the UK sent me.

But, in the meantime I’m trying to drink as much as I can of the best water on the planet (and it’s free). You can find out where to get this water at

http://debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com/2008/0…

• Thank you for starting this thread and all the GREAT links and info SimplyRaw!

I bit the bullet and bought the Athena model ionizer from IonWays a few weeks ago. I am extremely happy with it! I knew I wanted something that allowed the needed minerals to remain in our water and would also restructure the water molecules to be more easily abosrbed by our cells, but I was also very concerned with eliminating fluoride from the water, too. I was a bit anxious about how it might make the water taste or feel “weird,” but once I got it, I was relieved how good it actually tasted. I definitely and immediately noticed a much more pleasant and “wetter” feel to the water (not a slimey feel, though, like you notice with water softeners) and I really crave drinking water now- – all the time! It may be too early to tell, but I have to wonder if it has made a difference in my husband’s recently caught cold going away quickly (he is not raw or vegan) when, typically, they are pretty bad for him.

It was a steep price to pay for me, but I can already tell it is worth it to me. :)

info on this one for anyone, possibly, looking into ionizers:

“The Athena is the only Emco Tech ionizer that offers on-board dual filtration capability. It cleans your water to be 99.9% contaminant free. The Athena incorporates a pre-filter and the revolutionary Biostone Filtration System. The Athena comes standard with a .1micron filter, and is available in a .01micron upgrade which filters all viral and bacterial contaminants. The upgrade is recommended for those on untreated water sources such as wells. Both filter options clean the water extremely well – yet allow the naturally ocurring mineral content to pass through, which is essential for the ionizing process. You get clean and healthy water!”

http://ionways.com/NoSponsor.aspx

”...The calcium is Japanese premium grade and comes from environmentally approved land deposits. The calcium not only helps to slightly remineralize the water but also naturally sweetens the water and changes volatile fluorine molecules into a benign compound (calcium fluoride).

http://ionways.com/NoSponsor.aspx

(From my researching different water options, it seems that flouride cannot be removed from water once introduced in it, although its molecules can be restructured into different compounds instead that pass through the body harmlessly.)

• Pianissima – Correction. Lemon juice does raise the alkalinity of water.

Distilled and RO do tend to remove virtually everything from the water. Both are acidic when consumed – not conducive to the creation of a healthy pH environment in the body.

If the water of the earth all contains minerals and our bodies are 70 percent of this same water, it stands to reason that minerals are a naturally occurring part of our bodies and that water containing them would also be healthy for us.

Systems that produce de-mineralized water, such as distillation and reverse osmosis filter system, leave us with water that has an acidic pH. Water is always trying to balance itself. So when the water pH drops as minerals are stripped away, the water becomes acidic and then tries to balance itself by pulling minerals, primarily calcium, from our bones and teeth. (ezine articles)

Water filtered through reverse osmosis is acceptable for regular use provided minerals are supplemented. Natural health writers generally agree that the body maintains best health when it maintains a ph leaning to the alkaline side rather than the acidic side.

• Aspire -

Thanks so much for the information and the recommendation!!

• Debbietook -

I loved your blogspot! I agree raw organic fruits and vegetables are one of the purest forms of water. And if you are eating raw the less water needed, because we are getting it through our food.

But what water should we be drinking when we just want a glass of water. After lots of research, I have found that alkaline water looks like the best route for our family. Let us know which ionizer brand you choose. The feedback will be helpful.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

WATERBABY - You mention that you thought your prilled water tasted good. Have you noticed any health benefits since you started using it? Have you used it on any plants and, if so, did you see any difference?

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Hi Simply Raw :)

Thanks for the link! It was a very easy to understand overview of the what comprises healthy water. I knew about some of that stuff because of research I did before i bought a Jupiter Melody Ionizer. The ionizer was great and even halved my appetite for a couple of months but i much prefer living rainwater. It also halves my appetite with the added benefit of taking away cravings for cooked food. I especially learned some new information about vibration of water, although i knew about vitalizers that creates a vortex. And that blue orgone energy and getting a tan while not being exposed to the sun, just water and sand, signals the future, i think.

I’ve been using energy healings for about 3 years. It is the chief thing that has helped me to heal my mental illness that raw food didn’t seem to help with fast enough. I also consider religious prayer an energy healing so I am active member of church.

Meditating as to your question of health benefits, I’ve had so many since going raw, it is amazing… But your question deals only with the prill water and I have to say… I began using it about the same time I went raw, so I feel it too is responsible for my improved health and lack of pain… I had experienced constant pain since 1991… From an accident, I have a spinal injury in three different locations… I am now pain free without medication!!!! YAAEAA!!!

I am watering my plants and using it for soaking water… My plants are thriving abundantly!!! Normally indoor plants die pretty quickly for me… So my quess is the prill water is making the difference for them…

• Just recv’d my prill beads yesterday in the mail. Today is my first day drinking this water so I don’t have any updates as to how I like it yet.

waterbaby12347 Hopefully you will see this soon .. The glass jar I have has a metal spicket on it.. Do you think this is reacting in the water.

ok. SOLD on the prill beads. how much should i buy?

thanks so much for this info, even though it was a little disappointing at first. =)

• go to the link watebaby posted they are the cheapest that I found on the net… 2nd best place would be BLINDGURU.com… You only need one bag per gallon. I plan on buying 2 more bags if I like this test run.

2 oz bag cost 15.00 will treat one gallon of water.. which seems to be plenty for a family of three so far.

cool. i’m excited to get them! =) i’d be curious to see how they work out for you…