Possible diagnosis of early menopause at age 25??

Hi,

My sister is going through a completely stressful time in her life: long work hours in a big congested city, about to get married in 2 month, and loaded with serious medical problems including severe asthma. Her doctor recently said that she could be also going into early menopause given her new bout of symptoms (losing losts of hair, etc.) I am shocked by this diagnosis and want to know if anyone can relate a similiar story or if the RAW lifestyle can turn things around for her. Thank you.

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Our bodies cry out and we miss all the signals. The infertility rates grow and grow, our children are on more and more ritalin just to get through a day at school and still we feed our families insecticide and pesticide, known neurotoxins and carcinogens. The plastics mimic estrogen and cause many reproductive issues. For many of us raw folk—it was a health problem that brought us here and we’ll never go back. Everyone has to find their own. Just be the change you want to see.

• susannabellajanesusannabellajane Raw Newbie

Nenufar07….Im my thirties I was completely and utterly stressed out: my husband was a drug addict (and a pharmacist actually), I had two unsuprevised teens, I was in law school, and had a long commute. I was very overweight, with high blood pressure, newly diabietic with fibromyalgia and sleep disorders. AND… I stopped having periods for several years (except once every year when my Dr. induced a period with horomone supplements).

Finally, when I graduated from law school, dropped the husband, got a real job, I started losing weight, my IBS eased up and now I’m still having periods like clockwork (at almost 52). It is amazing what stress with do to your body.

Seriously though, it sounds like she could have polycistic ovary disease, which disturbs the horomones, causes hair to either fall out on the head and/or grow on the face, and makes irregular periods, or none at all. I SERIOUSLY doubt she is really in ‘real’ memopause, but needs to get back on track for her body to work properly.

I would suggest she see a naturopath and get some horomone and other testing done. She might have food allergies (I found I was allergic to wheat and dairy) on top of her other disorders. Certainly a raw diet would help her flood her body with lots of concentrated nutrients, help decrease inflammation, and help control her blood sugar.

But that commute, those long hours, those extremely stressful items in her life that contribute to her sickness have to be changed. Life is SOOOOO short in the big scheme of things, and no job is worth losing your health over.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I went through a similar situation: my first year teaching AND planning a wedding. I think planning a wedding is one of the most stressful things ever. And of course, things like picking out a dress seem silly when your health is at risk. Certainly the increase in nutrients of raw food will help anyone. I have become less stressed out in the past few weeks since being raw. I hope she can take some time to relax (perhaps a spa day) and realize that weddings are just one day in a whole lifetime.