Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The DivaCup

2»

Comments

• I feel kinda funny that this is my first post to the list!!! But I can lurk no longer…. I have the old keeper and although it’s a pain to get in/out, I feel really good about not contributing to the waste cycle. I absolutely love it. I have heavier cycles and find that some times I have to empty it during the night – but you can imagine the mess I had without one.

I also wanted to say that when I need to empty it in a public stall, I usually grab a paper towel and wet it first before I go in. It’s much easier than TP that will stick & break apart on it. I’m intrigued about the urine – but not that brave yet!

Oh and finally I think one of the coolest things about the cup is seeing the collection of blood. I always thought it was just blood, but at least for me, my cycle starts thicker – like maple syrup. It just surprised me, that’s all. And yeah, you get real comfortable with your body and your cycle which is the way it should be. :)

Anyway, glad to find like minded people here!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Maihio: the Instruction paper that comes with the Diva Cup reads “If Model 1 leaks or moves up, it can be remedied by using Model 2 (1/4”, 0.6cm bigger). This will provide a better fit even if you are a petite, under 30 years old or have never delivered vaginally or by c-section. If Model 2 leaks or rides up, we recommend daily Kegel exercises as it will help tighten the vaginal muscles. You should notice an improvement with the fit within a few month”

So… it seems you would be okay with a 2. I got the 2 (100 lbs, no kids, and just over 30).

I just got mine today… I’m trying it out. I already like it! I didn’t put it on right the first time… so it leaked… I am trying again… practicing… make sure I get it right before leaving the house.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Jeanine – so nice to hear your voice, how many places are there where you can discuss this??

germin8 – I’m sorry but what do they mean by ride up? Doesn’t gravity pull it down? I always found it very irritating being too low, I tried to start it high but it would creep down. Curious to see if you can get it to work. Hope you get the knack tomorrow!

I don’t know what they mean by that… I literally copied it from the ‘paper’ that came in the box. This is my second attempt, and no leaks so far.

Any tips on how to get the Diva Cup “out” without getting messy? ...especially, if I am away from home.

And, I’m not sure if it’s “in” correctly… I can tell that its in the “right” place so it doesn’t leak… but it sticks out a little (just a little)... maybe it’s supposed to be like that… or it has to be pushed in more… but after reading the instructions, I’m not so sure how far is too far or not enough. Well, at the very least I can tell it won’t leak.

• suzyqsuzyq Raw Newbie

Hey germin8—does it feel uncomfortable where it’s sticking out? You could try trimming its stem. I found that for the first few months I used it, it seemed to poke out and was a little uncomfortable, but over time that issue just resolved itself. I don’t know whether I just developed a more intuitive sense of exactly where to place it or what, but I never ended up having to trim it. I know that’s not that helpful right now, but if it’s not terribly uncomfortable, I don’t think you need to worry.

No, it doesn’t feel uncomfortable at all. I can barely notice its there.

I didn’t want to cut the tip off… because I have a hard enough time to grip it and pull it out.

Not sure if I want to leave it on overnight… maybe next month.

So I went out and bought my second one this week, same as before size 2, after all of the positive input, and I’ve managed for two days to get it in properly, not leak, use it in public, etc. but the stem still pokes and hurts all the time, and sometimes even pinches – that was in public and I could barely walk casually. I’m really hoping I’ll be like suzyq but I’m a bit perplexed.

I should add that when I bought it this time I nonchalantly threw it in my shopping cart and was in the dried fruit aisle when my 7 year old daughter spotted it and called (so all the store could hear), “Diva Cup?! I’m a Diva! Can I have a Diva Cup?? It comes with a pin with flowers, can I have the pin, can I wear it right now, Mom??!!” I pulled her aside and explained what it was for and she said “Ohhhh,” and quietly put it back in the cart.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

AMYSUE - That was so funny. Our kids will out us every time. LOL.

• i’m wearing mine for the second cycle and i’m definitely getting more comfortable with it. i have a very light flow (barely 1/3 full after 12 hours) so i like only having to deal with it twice a day. it’s a little messy getting out because the flow is thick, so it is hard to pour out of the cup….is that TMI? :)

size 1 works fine for me, and i’m 5’7 and 175 lbs. i had to trim the end though, and i find that the “proper” place for me is slightly off center so it touches on one side.

otherwise, i feel so good about the lack of waste!

lalala – sorry, what’s TMI? I’m terrible with abbreviations, not a text-er or whatever the proper term is, very old school.

Meditating – please tell me what LOL is, lots of love, laughing out loud?? My daughter’s not old enough to explain this to me. Glad you liked the story, the only benefit was she learned about something good for the environment, and now I have an ally, so when she asks me why I’m walking funny I can say, “It’s the Diva,” and she knows what I’m talking about.

The only problem I’ve had with the public bathroom situation is…sorry…the sound it makes coming out. So I like the single user public bathrooms until I get over my paranoia of horrifying my fellow bathroom users, wondering what the hell I’m doing in there.

• LOL Amysue, TMI is too much information. LOL is laughing out loud. I would love to get a diva cup, I’ve been using instead forever and love it.

harmonylia – THANK YOU!! Too much information. I was way off course. I once had a guy ask me for the “URL” and when I looked at him blankly he asked me if I had been living under a rock. That was harsh. Then my daughter’s soccer coach emailed that her first game location was TBD. Well do you think I could find the TBD field on the list of locations?? To be determined. I used to think I was pretty cool that I knew ASAP, RSVP, FYI and BYOB.

• I have the Diva Cup as well, and I do love it. The only problem nowadays is that I tend to forget it. And I’ve become so pampered that even using the cup feels like too much hassle, even though pads were much more hassle and ickier.

I’ve had the stem pretty much all cut out, and filed down so it’s nice and soft. When I put it in, I use a circular motion to push it further and at some point it just “snaps” into place and while it’s there it doesn’t bother me in the slightest.