Dehydrating with..a hair dryer?

RawsikiRawsiki Raw Newbie

This may be a stupid question, but has anyone used something like a hair dryer to “dehydrate” a recipe? I’ve never tried it and just want to see what you guys think.

My friend made a raw pizza and said she wanted to blow dry the sucker since she didn’t have a dehydrater, but she didn’t have the time. I thought the idea was funny, but really…when you don’t have dehydraters, you get desperate. I have been just leaving my recipes on the counter top or firming them in the freezer.

For those of us who don’t have dehydraters, what could we use? Hair dryer? How about a heater/fan thing?

p.s. I don’t have a stove, or an oven (so I can’t make that lightbulb dehydrater thing).

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Do you really want to sit there for hours with the blow dryer? :)

You would be better off using the stove or putting it in sun. The high setting on the blow dryer is too hot – you would have to use medium or cool setting. The air given off by the blow dryer is a too forceful.

The space heater/fan might work if you put it in a box type thing of something.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I also use my radiator – just put a plate right on it. Works like a charm.

• I would be super careful using a space heater because of the risk of fire. Never put anything on or against a space heater that is combustible or that would cause it to overheat from lack of ventilation.

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

I have a heater thing that I’ve been staring at and scratching my head in wonder as to whether or not it would be effient to use as a dehydrator. Maybe I can cover my food somehow with something so dust won’t get blown on it? Any thoughts?