Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Favorite Avocado Recipe?

I am looking to begin eating avocados for their benefits but was never a big fan of their taste. I know, I know….some of you are reading this with wide eyes and mouths open….but it’s true.

To help me become friends with the wonderful avocado, I am looking for some recipes. What’s your favorite?

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i have two recipes with avocado if you click on my name: in both the avocado mousse (dessert) and the red guacamole the avo is blended with other ingredients, so it adds the creaminess but you might not get actually taste the avo…

it might also be the variety of avocado that you don’t like. hass is not the only one, but sadly it seems to be the only exported from CALI. if you’re ever in Hawaii, or CA, or anywhere avos are native, try a bunch of different varieties… they have very different tastes!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I invented this today!!!

Mexican Salad 2 ears corn 1 cup peeled, grated jicama 1 red pepper, chopped 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped. 1 head lettuce, shredded 1 lime, squeezed 1 Tbsp oil chopped hot pepper cayenne cumin salt pepper

combine all ingredients and serve on a bed of lettuce

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

sounds great! i’ve never grated jicama. will try.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

pianissima – i had the jicama fries recently, kandace’s recipe. they’re GREAT!

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Open it up, slice it, and scoop it out on a plate. Sprinkle a mixture of kelp and dulse granules and enjoy! :)

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

1 avocado, 1 knife to open it, 1 spoon. Enjoy.

• Natalia Rose has a recipe of a soup that incorporates avocado but you would never no it is in the recipe…the ingredients are 4 cups of carrot juice, half an avocado, maybe you could use a whole one, it will give it a creamier texture, 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, 6 mejool dates, and a half of a sweet potato cut in cubes. Blend all this together and it is delicious!!

• i’ve made avo/carrot soup before. i made it too spicy though and couldn’t eat it. but if it were just a little spicy it would probably be really good!

i think you wouldn’t need nearly that much carrot juice… like maybe 1 whole big avocado for 2 cups carrot juice… and maybe some fresh herbs, a little lemon, a little hot pepper… that would do it!

check out the avocado mayo on this site too. or add to smoothies, especially ones with chocolate… yummmmm

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Chocolate pudding!

• Kandace’s curried carrot soup is delicious too!

• I love to mix avocado with pink grapefruit and a little salt.

• I like to massage it into chopped up Kale (with olive oil as well). Then I add fresh squeezed lime, fresh tomatoes and sundried tomatoes. Its basically a recipe I got from Karen Knowler, (Except she used lemons, and I have a thing for lime) and its so simple to make, and very yummy. The avocado gets massaged into the Kale and coats it, so between that, the lime and the olive oil, its pretty much a dressing. Better that way for someone who’s not into avocado, as opposed to chunks of it, or a paste thats primarily avocado.