Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Original Members are you still here???

waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Wouldn’t it be interesting to hear from all the original members of this wonderful site? How their lives may have changed, if they are 100% raw, and what are their favorite recipes… I joined Oct., 07 but have no idea when this site began and would love to learn… How about it, can you share?

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

waterbaby12347~ You are member number 2689. You can tell what member number you are by clicking on your profile. The last part of the profile address contains your member number. Your profile address is: http://goneraw.com/account/show/2689. Member number 1 is Ray. Member number 2 is Kandace. Pretty cool?

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I never realized I am member number 514. I feel pretty “orginal” there. I joined in March of 07. Looks like a big jump in numbers from March to Oct 07! Wow!

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Watching this forum grow has been amazing. A true testament to the purity of Kandace and Ray’s intention in creating this site. I can remember watching the membership hit 1000 and then next thing ya know 2000. Somewhere between 2500 and 3000 is when I finally stopped looking at the number first thing after logging on.

I’d love to know the stats on what portion of our membership is active. Like # who log in daily, # who log in weekly, monthly etc.

I consider goneraw to be a great temperature gage for the raw community. This is my favorite place to see what is important to other raw fooders in a space that isn’t cluttered with distractions asking you to leave the page you are on. This for me makes the site much more peaceful than any other forum. This peacefulness makes reading longer posts and threads easier for me, more like curling up with a good book than churning through another “flashy” “blinky” “busy” web site.

Another unique feature of this site is that Kandace and Ray are not driving the content in any way and are not even the main contributors to the site. This gives the site an open feeling, that doesn’t confuse us with wondering wether we are being led by someone’s agenda.

I truly love this place for these reasons and I am sure more that haven’t come to mind just now. I am truly thankful to you waterbaby for starting a post that prompted me to get in touch with how I felt about Ray, Kandace and GoneRaw and then share it here. I’m gettin a bit weepy now, better stop…

Lovebows, Chris

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I second everything Chris said. I joined in March 07 I think. I am member 469! And it has felt like my raw family from day 1. I am so grateful for this forum and all the time I have spent on it. It is entertaining, educational and a loving, supportive corner of cyberspace. And there is no better recipe resource than this anywhere in any book, website or anything. Ray and Kandace you should be so, so proud of what you have built here, it is truly amazing.

You ask in your post how our lives have changed since we joined. Mine has changed quite a lot. We were just finishing off Purely Raw when I first joined. And over the last year it has grown into a thriving little business. I am much busier because I make a raw delivery every week, and we have a pot luck and a class each month too. I now have about 30-40 real life raw friends -hooray! Who I have met through Purely Raw. And as I go on through my raw journey life is getting bigger and better. As far as raw goes, a year ago I was eating a lot of recipes like pizza, raw bread, cakes etc, and now I am mainly having a green smoothie and a big salad a day. And I feel very, very good. A little bit Better every day in fact.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Wow! I will check which number I am but I joined pretty recently. :)

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Thanks all, Bluedolfing, you are sooo smart & kewl!!!

I just noticed our newest member cranked out a new number of 96,033… Am I reading the numbers wrong or do we have 96 thousand members???

Hey Chris… My new cells are still smiling and increasing by the hundreds!!! Thanks for all your positive energies!!! I also wish we could know the sights member stats…

Thank you Ray and Candice for this wonderful place to exchange ideas as well as recipes and to support one another… YOU guys RAWK!!!

• Wow! I never realized I’m member # 492!!

waterbaby12347~... blushing… thankx. From the home page it says there are almost 5,000 members (see the upper right corner where it says There are xxx recipes by yyy members). hum… It looks like there was a gap in the numbering in March. I wonder if when Ray did the big update (wasn’t it in March?), Ray had to shift numbering. Maybe Ray will see this thread and clarify.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

I joined Feb 2007,I don’t know my number but many things happening for me.This site helped sooooo much,umbelievable!!!

Hey, there are new members joining just as new cells are being made in the body!

Lucy, You are 257!

your number 506 chris!

In case some were confused – you can tell what member number someone is by licking on their avatar (picture) and bringing up their profile and than look at your web address bar and the number at the end of the web page address is their number!

Ex. my number is 514 and here is the web address for my member profile page:

http://www.goneraw.com/account/show/514

yeah, I think at some point the numbers went off because if you click on the members tab it says there are 4947 Gone Raw members as of my post here.

• joined june 26, 2007…member #1356. i hung out for a minute last year when i signed up…then disappeared and submerged myself in many books ( Conscious Eating, The Raw Gourmet, 12 Steps to Raw Foods, Living on Live Food, The 80/10/10 Diet, Diet for a New America, Juicing For Life, Sunfood Diet Success System, Naked Chocolate….) A year later came back to this site and still A Raw Nudie!

queenfluff~ You wrote:

licking on their avatar

Does your profile taste good? What does it taste like? ;)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

lol bluedolphin!

only if you are REALLY hungry!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

We have been absolutely astounded by Gone Raw’s growth. Our original intent was indeed to create an open vegan, raw forum that wasn’t driven by a singular philosophy or drive for sales. I’ve been so impressed with the people that have joined and look forward to spending time each morning reading the previous days conversations!

lol bluedolfin. That really had me laughing and I still am. hahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Sorry that is just so funny! I believe her profile really does taste good! queenfluff, does it taste like barbecue, metal, or nails? lol or does it taste like an Intel chip? Dell computer? Apple? Mac? Tasted very electronic!

Haha! Sorry typo! I dunno my profile might taste good – at the least, I am organic, vegan and totally chemical free! :)

It might taste like one of my recipes maybe??? :) My bacon perhaps?

It might taste like my laptop – it is a compaq! Funny too – my cats like to lick my computer – don’t know why!

Hey Kandace, sorry for the Candice. I fixed it now.

• Bluedolfin, I can’t find my number when I look at the profile. What am I missing?

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

I’m 296 :) Joined Valentine’s Day 2007. Not 100% raw, more like 80-90% depending on the time of year. Enjoy trying new recipes, especially for the raw dinner’s we go to…goneraw.com stretches our tastebuds away from eating the same ol’ raw foods we normally prepare so we can have new favorites at home and to share with our non-raw loving family members and friends ;).

I love the broccoli salad from goneraw.com. Also love unchicken salads and eggless eggsalads because they last a long time in the fridge, are easy to grab-and-go on a few flax crackers or in lettuce leaves. Oh and those Jicama fries!

The forums are really wonderful and keep us updated on the latest happenings. Also helps us to find a variety of answers for all of our questions, from all of you wonderful, like-minded people. I know that I can always find answers here :)

Mon46: when you click on your profile, the url will say http://www.goneraw.com/account/show/1948…you are 1948

• Thanks, rawmama. BTW, how is the mandoline working out?

• SueSue Raw Newbie

I guess I’ve been here a while. My # is 578. I’m still learning and transitioning. This is pretty much the only online forum I am part of. The recipes have helped me stay in line and the discussions are enlightening and thought provoking and I love checking them out whenever I can. I just returned from vacation so I’m looking forward to getting back on track.

• I still encounter a lot of skepticism and incredulity when I tell people I am raw—even people working in holistic health. So, this forum has really provided a sense of community and support. I learn so much from being here and am endlessly interested by the various topics and posts.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I’m #442… I came in several months after goneraw started. How has it changed (for me)... besides more recipes and more people? The layout hasn’t changed much. A lot of the new people have the same questions that have been posted before. This websited has certainly helped in answering questions and finding out new things about being “raw” or being “green”. And, keeping up to date with things like Almond Pasteurization and were to get dormant, raw almonds. I am mainly on here for posting and reading different posts & replies. I still enjoy it… always learning. Right now, I would say I’m here 95% for the discusstion topics and 5% for recipes. 0.0001% for the ads… I did click on a few that I thought were interseting. :o) It’s how I found out about Purely Delicious (although, I prefer Get Fresh).. but it’s growing.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I joined may 08, but i was lurking for a while longer. glad i joined!!

Mon46…the mandolin is TERRIFIC!!! I wonder how I lived without one, it makes the thinnest slices and is fast too :) You are the best, thank you, thank you, thank you! I love slicing apples with it, our daughter thinks that they taste best when sliced on the mandolin ;)

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Number 832 here. Cool! :o)