Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

juice vs. smoothie

Is is better to consume juices or smoothies?

Comments

• i dont really know which one is actually “better”...i love to enjoy BOTH. i think that organic produce is better than conventional tho…juicing conventional and drinkng high concentrated levels of pesticides really bothers me. so, i dont do that.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i actually read that if you are going to consume conventional at all it is best to juice it because the pesticides stick to the fibers… interesting theory, but organic would still be more nutritious.

i drink both. juices are great first thing in the morning. very hydrating and very easy on the digestive system. they flood your cells with oxygen. big fan.

but you also need fiber, so green smoothies are also part of my diet.

as part of the “variety” of my diet i like to not only consume a variety of foods, but also in a variety of ways (chopped, whole, juiced, dehydrated…)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Most of the nutrients remain in juice, but since your body isn’t digesting the fiber the nutrients are absorbed very quickly into your bloodstream. This is why someone who isn’t used to juicing will sometimes get a slight head buzz shortly after they initially drink raw, fresh juice,

• pianissima – you have a beautiful voice…myspace friend request sent :)

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Also I would like to point out that when juicing, if you’re only juicing fruit you need to watch the impact on your blood sugar… When there’s no fiber the sugar absorbs even faster. I know I can’t handle straight orange juice on its own unless I’ve been working out. I drink mostly green juice on its own, every morning, and it feels very cleansing and hydrating. Grapefruit juice is also great for when I need an afternoon pick me up, and it doesn’t mess with my blood sugar.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

mrs.rev. BT —humbly accepted. you are very sweet =)

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Smoothies have the fiber… too much and it can constipates you. Really! Smoothies oxidize slower than juices. They can last in the fridge for up to 4 days… juicing should be drunk within 30 minutes.

In the rare chance you can’t digest smoothies well, try juicing.

• Thank you all. If I’m hypoglycemic, should I only do smoothies then?

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

I like to make a juice by blending the ingredients and then sieving them. This way the juice is diluted and not too strong on the system. I also don’t juice fruit but may add a little apple or grapefruit to the mix to sweeten slightly although I find beet and carrot do much the same.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Stickybumps23, I am hypoglycemic also, although raw has helped with many of the symptoms. When I juice, I mostly use greens instead of a bunch of fruit and feel great (no blood sugar spikes, etc).

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I like green smoothies because of the fiber.

• Because i’m diabetic its got to be smoothie, slower digestion, but if you need energy fast its gotta be juice.