Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Jumbo Straws

ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Do you get annoyed by the attractive green moustache that invariably ends up all over your mouth whenever you drink a green smoothie?

I was using normal straws to drink them through whenever I had to go out and about but wanted to drink my smoothie in the car or as I walked along the street. But normal straws were never thick enough for my thick smoothies, and I ended up with a sludge at the bottom (the best bit!) which I couldn’t suck up.

Then yesterday at the Chinese supermarket I found jumbo straws!! These are huge thick straws anyone could suck any sludgey smoothie up with like a hoover! I am so happy! I wash them and reuse them so they last forever too.

I’m thinking of selling them on my website as a raw accessory. D’you think that would be a good idea, or are these available everywhere and I have just missed them all these years?

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

hehehe Zoe~ They have been around for awhile. Here in the States there is a “newer” thang called Boba balls that are put in tea, thai type coffee, and other drinks. The balls are made of tapioca and are black and kinda gelatinous. They are the size of a small marble. Kinda chewy and fun to eat. Of course they are not raw… I like them. Anyway, the reason for mentioning this is that in order to drink a Boba(aka Bubble) drink and be able to suck up the balls (sounds interesting?) the straw has to be huge. Check out a place that sells Boba tea for really great straws for smoothies. NOTHING gets stuck in those straw. :)

BTW, I think the offering of the straws would be good if you don’t have to store a gazillion of them or invest a gazillion pounds… also, check with your mailing list to see if there is a demand…

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Zoe- I use stainless steel straws i originally found at Whole foods and now i recently got some at Amazon from Chef Tools. Regular diameter, but they work just fine and i throw them in the DW!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I have a glass straw. I really love it. It is so nice to drink out of. A friend of mine makes them – unfortunatley I broke the free one he gave me and since we moved I couldn’t get another one from him but I got one on David Wolfes sunfood.com site. I got the one with the roller balls on it. :)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i guess it would depend on how much the shipping cost would be… i assume a straw would be a pretty light item. it might be great for people who didn’t have asian stores near them.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

No actually i love the green moustach. Kidding. The jumbo straw sound great!!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Wow! No Zoe, that’s a great idea to sell them! They are a bit common I suppose, maybe you could sell more usnusual straws. Either way, they would prob be a big hit.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I read about that on Get Fresh! ...kids section. “Never underestimate the power of a thick straw”... to get those juices in the kids tummy. :o)