Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

it's happening again...

pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i went from high raw to 100% raw about 3 weeks ago. i was feeling GREAT (out of this world) until a few days ago. now i have this restless feeling inside of me, like energy trying to escape… kind of pulsing through my veins as if i’ve had caffeine.

it’s making me hungrier than usual and i am not sleeping very well.

is this a symptom of detox?

ardesmond2 posted a great link for likely detox symptoms—things to expect… i can’t find the link. anyone know where it is?

thanks!

Comments

• That’s weird, I am not 100 percent raw maybe 80 percent but it varies day to day and every once in awhile I get that feeling. I pretty much never have caffeine but sometimes at certain times of the day I feel like that just as you described like a buzzy pulsing energy or something (like I had A LOT of caffeine like an energy drink or something). I don’t think it happens after eating either so I don’t think its something I’m eating. I think I feel like that sometimes when I wake up too. I don’t know what it is but I’ll be interested to see what other people think.

• I’m not a 100% raw myself either, but ust this weekend I cam across a blog written by Storm from the gardendiet.com, a raw vegan since about ‘72, he states some interesting things about the bundles of energy we may expirience through raws living foods and how if not released can cause the body some harm. Heres the link, http://www.rawveganforever.com/* hope this helps.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

thank yo so much. i just read that. i never appreciated the value of bloggers so much! it’s so important because otherwise this would be such a mysterious journey.

that made so much sense!

• That is so interesting. Im glad you posted that. That makes sense to me. It’s sort of what I was thinking the other day while I was wondering why I’m not 100 percent raw even though I love raw. I thought maybe I’m not ready to be that clean or energized. It is somewhat uncomfortable for me to be clean and 100 percent raw. I also am not really exercising now because I feel like I just don’t have time. I’m graduating from college in a couple of weeks and I’ve been putting exercise on a back burner since august. Anyway, makes a lot of sense, thanks.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Can someone explain what is “high raw”? is it just the small things or what? not quite sure how people are coming up with all these numbers. If I think everything I’m eating is raw, am I still not raw? (aside from the cashews, which I am still using up)

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

The same thing happens to me. It seems like when I exercise, I experience a lull in the energy and then it just surges back, no matter how much I work out and push myself, making me restless, and going without sleep for more then 24 hours until I feel tired. Thanks for that link explaining what this could possibly be. It just seems like I have more energy then I know what to do with, sometimes. Impossible to burn it all off with exercise.

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I often feel very frustrated and have urges to “do something”. I’ve always gotten bored easily and am getting bored even easier the longer that I am raw.

I live in the top floor of a flat and when I feel this way I wish I had a house with a door that opened into a garden so I could walk and run around there.

Thank you Cristi*love for posting Storm’s blog. Reading it has helped me to understand why I sometimes feel the way I do.

I have had exams recently and have spent time revising for them and I feel more content with my brain using up energy.

I have been having bursts of creativity and have been putting my ideas into practise. This also has helped.

• Top floor? Run down and up the stairs a few times if it is not appropriate to go outside….

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

when I first went all raw I would be fine for a few weeks and then feel this pressure building up inside me like a form of stress and then would usually eat cooked food and it would go away. It’s just a part of detox as the acid is being released and can make you incredibly active too. You can either use cooked food to slow this process down or make up some nice gourmet food using raw fats like nuts, seeds and oils. That should help.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

For me greens really calm me down and balance me out. If I don’t have them I feel jittery and speedy. I have been using spirulina recently to up my green intake, and it has got me feeling very relaxed and calm. Yoga and excerise also helps me a lot, but I always forget to do it…

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

bitt – high raw just means 80% or more.

Water, greens, and/or exercise do it for me, and sometimes just literally jumping and shouting for joy!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

This is excellent information from Storm. I’m so glad ya’ll posted this. I’m new to raw, so I had no idea i’ll be having extra energy that i need to use in order to stay raw.

zoe- good to know that greens calm you. i had problems feeling jittery before going raw, and i could anticipate these things arising again.

i have been having problems sleeping, like moth mentioned. i don’t get enough exercise (very little some days), and then i can’t sleep at night. hmm.

• I would like to say that not having enough time to doexercise is like not having time to brush your teeth. If you read Storm’s blog this will make total since to you. The body doesn’t need for you to run 5-6 miles everyday for you to be fit and in your natural body. We have to remember that the body burns fat more when you are at rest. So the best thing you could do for yourself is to exhaust yourself with a nice 10-20 min session of calisthenics, so that you can teach your body to burn carbohydrates not fat, this way your body will give a signal to lose the fat because you don

• pianissima I think the post you were talking about was this http://drbass.com/symptoms.html

that makes a lot of sense about weight training and running. i am a yogin, but the stronger i get the more i need to do to feel tired. anyway, i’ll go with the jump roping, EVEN MORE greens, and dancing in my living room… see if that helps. and thanks for the link ardesmond2!

• Pianissima, I know this is completely off topic, but I viewed your profile page on this website, and then visited the Myspace link you posted to hear your music… I just have to tell you, you have a gorgeous singing voice, the piano composition is beautiful… I believe you’ve made a fan out of me. In your profile, you mention an album, when is that to be in stores?

• ardesmond2 I going to google them and try them out!! I’m currently training for a marathon and running long miles right now and I dont feel any leaner and I was 100% raw but had an hypoglycemic episode at track and per doctor was advised to add fish to my diet she did a BMI test and said my muscle mass was down and my fat was up. Do you have any words of wisdom for me:)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

ardesmond – excellent idea about calisthenics! I can’t wait to add this to my routine, and see what happens.

rawbeginner—oh, i just read this. that is so sweet. it’ll be out in about 20 days (fingers crossed!).

another slant on the exercise thing might just be that you have to be RELAXED when you do it. if someone can comfortably run a couple of miles that is going to have a very different effect on their body than someone who is gasping for breath, or (like many people i see jogging) someone who seems to be repeating the mantra “i hate my body… must run off my fat…”

• Hi there,

Are you taking any superfoods (maca, cacoa, goji berries, etc?) Many people find them very stimulating. Some supplements can be very stimulating too.

Many raw blessings,

no superfoods except spirulina. i had my LAST raw cacao treat a month ago because i was off the charts buzzing…

•  I have a whole book of wisdom and a audio book that I would love to send to you. Running long distance shrinks your heart as well as muscle mass.. Your body has to be able to cope with the stress that you are putting it under. Marathon’s were my thing when I was very young I ran my first half marathon at 15 so I am not speaking from inexperience when I say you may want to rethink the whole long distance running thing.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

funny – cacao relaxes me :)Great anti-stress, and anti-depression medicine here.

I agree with pianissima on being relaxed while exercising.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Ardes—I think that book is full of unsubstantiated claims, not to mention that Al Sears is very overweight. Any good distance running program involves hills and fartleks (paced sprints) for variety so i agree that you don’t run 10 miles slowly daily. No athlete got there without pushing the envelope so to speak. The guy whose rapidly moving through 20 minutes of weight training will not do any better than a well-trained endurance athlete when you look at the full spectrum—an exercise stress test done while monitored on a treadmill by an exercise physiologist who is measuring Vo2 max, oxygen uptake, usage, lung capacity, etc., etc. This is based on years and years of evidence, cadaver dissections, looking at the well trained heart vs. the deconditioned diseased one. The guy who drops dead of a heart attack running did not get there by running. He got there by running and eating an Atkin’s like diet. OK—you know I enjoy our chatsnow back to pianissima on a completely different note—do you know your Aurveyda dosha? I am Vata dominant and have tremendous trouble sleeping—active body, active mind that never stops thinking/ learning/ doing. I just read 2 nights ago for vatas to do a self massage every night before bed with sesame oil or coconut oil. I have gone from sleeping 1-2 hrs/night to zonking out in 5 minutes and sleeping 8 hours straight! Don’t ask me why it works for me , but there you go! And you are so right—when there is too much vata, you quiet the exercise-balancing with yoga and meditation.

just took an online quiz to see and i’m pitta. what that means i have no idea…

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I’m not good at sending links, but i’ll try—new to this too and turned on my G. Cousens (i thought it really helped explain why i couldn’t do the 80-10-10). Try going here: www.holisticonline.com. there,you will find a link to “alternative therapies” and then again to “ayurveda” Click on your dosha and what to do if you are off balance—you can kind of adapt the foods to raw ones.

here’s what was going on. i FINALLY figured it out, with a little research…

i was detoxing too fast (since i went 100% i was eating less, and feeling less hungry) and it was irritating my nervous system, which reacted as if it was being attacked. that’s what the “caffeinated” feeling was.

anyway, if this happens to you, getting a colonic, or adding heavier foods to your diet should slow down the detox.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

So, it was a detox symptom. Strange. And, glad you figured out and shared your experience/advice on how to slow down the detox. You can also drink more water, eat more cooked food (gasp I know, but not everyone is 100%), take hot-cold-shower, etc…