Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

raw pregnancy

I’m currently 5 months pregnant, I fell of the wagon before being pregnant but have been trying to go back to being 100 percent raw. right now i’m only about 50 percent raw and the rest is SAD because thats what my doctor suggests. I want to go completely raw but I’m not sure if its safe does anyone have advice on this sbject.

Comments

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

see all of Jinjee’s info on raw pregnancy: http://www.thegardendiet.com/

she’s been through a few ;-)

congratulations on the baby/blessing! don’t be too hard on yourself, you’re doing what you can and you should be proud of that fact. positive thoughts to you and your baby :)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

there was recently a forum on this: http://goneraw.com/forums/7/topics/4192

rawjulie has a lovely website that explains raw pregnancies, the link is on above forum.

it’s been mentioned a few times here that if you are not yet raw, to wait until you are done breastfeeding to detox, because there is too great a chance that your baby will absorb everything.

sabrina1976 (sorry if the number is wrong… on this site) said she went raw while pregnant but under the supervision of a doctor.

• thanks guys, I just wrote julie, her site is amazing, i’m even more inspired now.

• Remember that most Doctors aren’t trained in nutrition. Get second opinions, do your own research and talk with people that have done what you aspire to do. Learn to listen to your body, it knows what it needs! Congratulations on your baby, have a wonderful birth day!

• I just read rawjulie’s blog also. All her belly photos are really cute. I am a little over 3 months preggo, and I’d say about 70% raw. but the cravings have been brutal on me. I’ve noticed it helps to keep already cut veggies, and salads in the fridge so you can get something in your stomach quick when you feel the need.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I’m a little further along than you (6 months pregnant), and struggled a bit too at the very beginning. However, I am back up to 80%+, some days are 100%, some days a little less. I have read JinJee’s pregnancy info. as well as Julie’s, and a number of other raw mamas on the web. I feel that there is a lot of inspiration out there. For me personally, I was able to get back on the high raw when I stopped listening to mainstream info. and started listening to my body. If I got all the pregnancy nutrition propaganda out of my head and started listening to my body’s intuitive eating signals, the raw came back very quickly.

Blessings and good luck!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I think it’s the best thing you can do for that little baby. Agree MDs have absolutely NO training in nutrition. Plant-based diet is essential, raw or not. Just check out “Eating” DVD available from www.ravediet.com. Phenominal. The book is not as good as the DVD. If you can’t stay raw, at least stay away from all animal and all refined foods as well as all cooked oils. You do not need dairy, you need greens.

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

My adivic about your food intake is ....

Listen to you body. If you need protien eat protien, fats eat em. but dont just eat 60-80 gramms of protien because you dr say to.

Listen closely to what your body is says and what your baby is saying. also i never ate for two i ate til i was full and that was enough :)