Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What kind of olive oil?

What kind of olive oil do you guys use? I have been using Bertolli brand but I think it isn’t raw. Thanks!

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

www.barianioliveoil.com – Bariani is the only/best one I ever use. It is genuinely cold-pressed, unfiltered, unrefined, decanted and the most amazing tasting olive oil I’ve ever used! Yummy! Nothing else tastes/feels like olive oil to me any more after using this stuff – it’s that good! :)

Edit again – greenie contacted the company, and they are just waiting for the certification before they can state “organic” on the bottle.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I vary mine… I use Lapas, Bionature, and Rapuzel. All organic kinds… whatever they sell at Whole Foods that’s “cheapest” but 1st cold-pressed.

Where on the Bariani website does it say its cold pressed.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

It says on the bottle “First Cold Pressed”

• i use bariani too, but i’m in san francisco, nearby where it is made, so we have it at our farmer’s markets… i used to get the “first lady reserve” olive oil from trader joe’s… $5.99, unfiltered and really good. not organic though.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Thanks for the reply angie. I’ll have to keep an eye out for it at the store… if they sell it at a store. :o)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Only oil which says it is unfiltered is raw. They use heat to filter it no matter if it is cold pressed or/and first pressing. I use Tescos organic unfiltered, or Belarzu.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i use napa valley naturals and it says on the bottle “unfiltered” and not heated above 95 degrees. it isn’t very expensive either. it is the best olive oil i’ve ever tasted!

• Thank you all very much! I will probably go ahead and finish up my bottle of Bertolli and will bookmark this thread when I head to the store to get more.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

For the best, it has to be Living Tree Community. http://www.livingtreecommunity.com/

It’s truly Alive, Organic Olive Oil – Unheated, Unfiltered, UNPRESSED!

Created at room temperature (70 degrees Fahrenheit), extra virgin; instead of pressing the olives under tons of pressure, they are sliced and the slurry is put in a malaxer to churn it slowly. It is then put in a centrifuge decanter which gently separates solids from liquids. Finally it’s put in a separator to separate oil from water. The old procedure of pressing can easily cause temperatures to exceed 140 degrees fahrenheit, whereas now the temperature is kept below 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Because the oil is unheated, so much of its subtle essence and flavor is preserved.

Cheers! Kristen’s Raw

• What kind of olive oil do you guys use? I have been using Bertolli brand but I think it isn’t raw. Thanks!

I personally source my olive oils from Big Paw Olive Oil brand. They've got tons of choices and I've always had great experience with their products.

ClaireT
  • edited February 2023

I am using Borges extra virgin olive oil since it's the highest quality option on the market. Borges Extra virgin olive oil is processed differently than other types of olive oil, like virgin and refined varieties. This is best for health.