Getting Sick A Lot

Slosh-uhSlosh-uh Raw Newbie

So I’ve been predominantly raw for a while now, and I notice that I’ve been getting sick a lot more. I’ve been getting colds and sore throats and a runny nose like all the time, and I feel like crap.

Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

And do you think I should still go to Bikram’s Yoga when I’m sick, or should I take it easy?

Comments

• Do you eat Raw Garlic? You should, add it to your greens at lunch everyday. It will fight away the bad stuff. You can blend it into your dressing and pour it over your salad. It is the #1 thing to do on your walk to wellness. KJ

• When you’re really sick, definitely stay home from Bikram classes. Not good for you to push when you’re feeling like crap, and not good for your classmates either. But if you just have a bit of a sore throat, then go—the heat will help your body sweat out whatever’s going on. The other thing you can do if you aren’t well enough for class is go sit in a hot bathtub and get your steam and heat that way. There’s no bow-pulling pose involved, but you can reach for the rubber duckie.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

It’s so hard to say, it could be stuff getting stirred up by the cleansing going on (the cliche detox), could be allergies from the change of seasons and all the pollen in the air, or it could be viruses going around. When I had cleansing episodes I would get knocked down and feel horrible, but unlike the flu I would recover really quickly. I didn’t feel great for the first 7 months of being raw which was a little discouraging, but it passed. Now at 9 months I have an almost constant drippy nose (not congested), which I’ve decided is by body’s defenses keeping my sinuses clean. I agree with Audrey, I would take it easy and let your body do its thing. Hope it passes soon!

• you are elminating toxins from your body. I suggest taking immune support herbs perhaps to increase the white blood cell count which in turn will assist in fighting off any viral infection and whatnot. This will increase your white blood cells.