Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Bariani olive oil non-organic question

TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Is anyone familiar with Bariani olive oils? I had a bottle as a gift years ago and just now I found their site so I ordered FOUR bottles, so I could save shipping and not have oils ruined by heat in postage during summer months. But I didn’t notice it was not organic! Does anyone know how much pesticides and chemicals are in their regular Bariani oil? I only go through a 500 ml bottle during the course of 2 to 3 months and I buy almost all of my other produce organic. But if the oil is loaded with poisons, I had better cancel that purchase.

Comments

• This was posted on my Olive oil question post yesterday http://www.goneraw.com/forums/2/topics/5444-

“angie writes, 17 hours ago: (859 posts)

www.barianioliveoil.com

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Maybe I’d better edit that other post – I just looked at my bottle again, and it doesn’t say organic. I just assumed it was because it feels so good to my body! Sorry :(

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

call the company and ask. people are more than willing to answer questions!

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Well, I made a hash of thing, haha. Not all of their oil is organic and I didn’t know if I should just keep the order or cancel. But it all tastes great, yes! Actually I don’t know if they have organic oil right now at their site; I guess I could cancel and buy it elsewhere, but I don’t think I can afford my favorite organic oils. So I was wondering if their non-organic oil was full of chemicals. I made a mess of the questions, folks, sorry. Now I’m embarrassed! OOXX

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Bariani is my favorite, too. I always thought it was organic. I’ve emailed the company to find out if it is. I’ll post the answer here.

Thank you, greenie! I had emailed earlier but maybe they’re not open. I know they do sometimes bottle organic at times but I didn’t think the rest of the oil was.

Alix, They’re a small small company and it can take a while for them to respond to VM or email. I love their oil. I suspect it’s organic but they haven’t gone to the trouble of having it certified. I’ll let you know what I find out.

This is the reply from Bariani:

Our olive oil is “registered” organic with the State of California, which is the last step before being “certified” by a third party company. We can state “organic” on the bottle only when we get the certification.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Yay! Thanks for the info, greenie! I knew it was too good to be full of pesticides – thanks for doing the homework to find out for sure :)

Thank you, greenie!!! They never answered me, even with a big order, so thank you many times!

I was really happy to hear that too, and not surprised at all.