Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Really good raw pie/cake recipes...

Hey there. I’m looking for a really good raw pie or cake recipe. What are your favorites? And what are the best ones on goneraw? It can be any kind, just something that even the SAD-dest of eaters ate and liked. I am planning on making my mom something for Mother’s Day and I want to make something amazing. Thank you so much!! Kat

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Hey Kat, glad to help! I am in the process of working on some amazing pies and cakes that I will post as recipes on here, along with pictures of the recipes. Since I don’t eat nuts you won’t find nuts or seeds in any of the recipes, but some exotic dried fruits and powders for crusts. Like a dried banana blended with a little coconut oil is a very delicious delicate crust that is mouthwatering. A really good filling would be a young coconut based, or you could do lucuma. I ordered lucuma powder and when you mix with a tad of water it forms a crumbly, delicous snack to eat with a spoon. Add some more water and you get a sweet potato puree type mixture. Blend with a banana and agave (really tastes like caramel, lzhpt recommended this!) and you’ll be blown off this planet. Add some vanilla beans, young coconut meat and almond milk and make ice cream and you have caramel vanilla ice cream! I will post some recipes in a few days. I personally have not tried any cake/pie recipes on this site, but the lusious lemon cheesecake really looks delicious. Hope this helps a little.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

This one hasn’t failed me yet!

Mango Cheesecake by Cheflandria

I used agar instead of Irish Moss.

Someone did say… the best raw dessert they’ve had is the Mango Cheesecake… and this wasn’t from someone who ate raw foods.

I’ve made it many times. It’s also very similar to Russell Jame’s Pomegranite Cheesecake because it uses similar base ingredients. I’m making this one during pomegranite season. :o)

Try The Sunny Raw Kitchen she has some interesting ones… but doesn’t always post recipes for all of them.

I hope you have a highspeed blender… you’ll need it for these.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

My “chocolate ice cream/pie filling” and “pie crust” are on here because my SAD eating family & friends love them, and the chocolate raspberry one is even BETTER! click on my profile and you can link to them, and the fillings work in any fairly strong blender, even if not a vita-mix. :)

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Thanks you guys. Rawkid-yes, those are great ideas. That caramel vanilla ice cream sounds heavenly!! germin8-wow that cheescake looks amazing!!! I may have to use that one. I’ll see. Looking around for the best one, and that one is pretty high up on the list so far…. mmm, angie, that looks great too.so many choices…......:)

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Hi superkat, I thought my chocolate cheesecake was pretty good

chocolate cheesecake

• I just posted my no fail Caramel Brownie recipe. I’m going to make a batch again right now! :-)

• The RawtarianThe Rawtarian Raw Superstar

Super easy raw brownies with raw chocolate icing on top:

http://therawtarian.com/raw-brownie-recipe/

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

I have been eyeing that raw brownie recipe up for a while Laura, looks delish:).

Amla

• RawKidChef,

Your ideas sound really interesting... very creative. Do you have any recipes that don't use coconut oil and that don't mix fruit and fat? These combinations have never worked for me.

• nicolettenicolette Raw Jr. Superstar

Im looking for recipes that dont use coconut oil too....did you have any luck with your search? x x