Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

absorbent marinade vegetables

when i used to marinade i would use potatoes, but i hear they’re no good to eat raw… carrot, but they wouldn’t be absorbent uncooked… and mushrooms… also wouldn’t be all that absorbent uncooked but i imagine they would absorb given time

looking for which veggies would marinate the quickest, and taste good

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Mushrooms actually work really well, also broccoli and zucchini. As long as your marinade has salt and either lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, it will soak into and usually soften most veggies; some just take longer than others.

• summer squash, sprouts….I bet peapods would be good

• i use fresh green beans and they really taste good marinated. daikon is super absorbent too.

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

The enzyme inhibitors in potatoes are only in the eye and it is insignificant, i feel, because we eat nuts and seeds with enzyme inhibitors by not soaking them and they are still better for us than roasted, i feel. Get them organic, though for better nutrition. :) If you can make potatoes in delicious ways, i feel they are very healthy added to a raw diet.

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Eggplant is great, peel it and soak in your marinade. Also, peeled zucchini as the flesh is more porous Cauliflower is nice too.

Make a rich marinade using miso, tomato, spices, garlic and olive oil and apple cider vinegar.

Raw Lunchbox – Quick and Healthy Raw Lunches for Busy People