Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

great video on protein

Comments

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

thanks for posting, i really like the video! i love his confidence, he just says straight out “i dont get ‘enough protein’!” you ignorant cooked fooders hehehe

• Brilliant. I love it. Maybe this’ll help my mom relax about this silly little protein hangup she has!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

That was a good video. Thanks for posting that.

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

Great video, thank you for posting roadrunner.

• Fantastic. Any yes, I get asked that question too. Heavy sigh.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

I think his points are right on with one exception. In my personal experience I did not maintain enough lean muscle mass with raw foods alone and no exercise. He states that a raw diet alone w/o exercise will provide you with enough muscle and I simply do not buy that. He’s 39 and male. I’m 40 and female and have found that I MUST strength train to keep my body strong even with a clean raw heavily green foods diet.

• I enjoyed the video too. But, I have to agree with Marichiesa about the need for exercise to keep up muscle mass. I’m female and in my 50’s and if I don’t exercise on a regular basis it just seems like my body turns to mush and I’ve noticed the older I get the harder I have to work at exercise to keep up the muscle mass. Maybe this isn’t as much of a problem for men.

• roadrunnerroadrunner Raw Newbie

I dont worry about muscle “mass”. I had that when I was on the SAD diet and come to find out when i switched to RAW then to fruitarian and lost all the weight, that “mass” was just water retention.I only care about muscle TONE is all and Im pretty tone and actually STRONGER now than I was when I weighed 250. this video explains the water retention better than I can! http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VI9DADBY3PI

• roadrunnerroadrunner Raw Newbie

I watched all thease videos and they gave me the motivation and confidence to go 100% fruit.I learned alot from F-1.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Great video! Thanks.

Hey Roadrunner,

I’m not looking to bulk up like Mr. Universe but until I started lifting weights again I could literally watch my legs atophying before my eyes. There was exactly zero tone. I also could not lift things without straining my back and triggering major sciatic pain. That sucked. Now I have tone again and can carry/move anything in my house without waiting for help from my husband or kids!! ;0) I do think women need to work a lot harder to maintain muscle as they age. So unfair…....

• Again I totally agree with you Marichiesa. I went through a period of getting very little exercise and I too watched my muscles atrophy. I’m not looking to bulk up either. I just like being in good enough shape that I can pick up and move anything in my house without injuring myself or having to ask for help as well. I think it is a little different for women, unfortunately. When I was younger I didn’t have to work at it as much to keep muscle tone but I sure do now.

I didn’t have to work so hard when I was younger either. Humbling isn’t it? I wish I could have appreciated my bod more 15 years ago!! I guess the cliched trade -off for wisdom as we age is true enough.( LOL)