Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Emotional Reaction

spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Well, today I am not feeling too good about myself. We had company come in for Mother’s Day and alot of “drama” ensued, which I am not going to get into at the moment. Needless to say, it let to some emotional eating on my part which resulted in me breaking my almost 2 week 100% raw “streak”. I feel angry at my family (the one’s who came to visit), and even more angry at myself. I really didn’t eat that much raw ( only a croissant and some coffee), but I am in the worst mood now that I can’t shake. This is supposed to be a happy day being Mother’s Day and all, but I am certainly not feeling in the spirit. I can’t seem to shake this negative mood.

thanks for letting me vent!

Comments

• i’m sorry to hear that. I completely understand how family can be the opposite of what you want it to be sometimes. I hope you start to feel better. Tomorrow morning is a new day, and when you wake up you get that awesome fresh start! Vent all you want, there are lots of listeners here. (:

• nthmostnthmost Raw Newbie

Crummy!

For mood enhancement, I suggest the wanton consumption of any or all of the following:

raw cacao goji berries maca coconut honey

A croissant and coffee aren’t going to stand in the way of your goals. I mean, really. :)

• My day went just like yours spirit..I heard on the radio today..the definition of success is: going from one failure to another with enthusiasm…don’t beat yourself up over a little slip…I get frustrated too because I feel that I let other people determine my moods..I wish I was less reactive…tommorrow is a new day..Hope it gets better for you.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Awwwwww I’m really sorry to hear that :( But you know, nobody’s perfect. Don’t be so hard on yourself! Take it easy and just continue on. We all have our bad days here and there. Be proud of yourself for what you have accomplished thus far and don’t let one little bump in the road hinder your spirit! Wishing you the best, and sending a BIG SMILE your way! :)

• This should make you smile.my mom asked me if I had joined a CULT! HA!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Keep your chin up Spiritedmama, don’t let the bugger’s get you down, you are too wonderful and beautiful.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Thank you all for your encouraging words. I am fasting today to get myself back on track, and so far so good! I am not sure if I am going to fast the entire day, or just until dinner. I will make that decision when the time comes. But right now I feel much better than I did yesterday.

• Hey spiritemama,

I wanted to tell you that since I started living raw I have had 2 times that I ate cooked vegan, some pasta with tomato sauce, no biggie it happens. I was travelling which can be tough if you are in a hotel, and there are limited options. It will take you a day or so to get it out of yr system and you will press on. Really impressed with the info on doulas btw..I searched it on the net, it may be something I might be interested in pursuing down the road. If it had’nt been for you I would have never heard about it. Hang in there, you are such a good influence and positive energy, I love reading your posts. :) Today is a new day, and tomorrow another one yet. Blessings :) deasmiles

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I didn’t have to see my mom yesterday – just a call and just that put me in a slightly crappy mood. It always does so I should expect it. I envy those people who have unjudgemental and supportive mothers.

I ate some cooked yesterday too (mashed potatoes) and some o.j. that I am pretty sure was probably frozen. We went out with my bf’s mom for m-day brunch who doesn’t judge what others do. So, she doesn’t mind when we don’t eat any of the meat or cooked stuff -m y mom would make me feel weird and bad.

Holidays are rough with families. Give yourself a break. At least, you didn’t gorge out on Cheetoes or something. :) Have a healthy smoothie like nthmost suggested and forget about yesterday. :)

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Thanks for your kind words and support deasmiles and queenfluff! Thankfully, the issues I had with our company was not related to food/raw food. It actually had to do with attachment parenting, of which I am a “coach” (I help other families learn how to use A.P. with their children). If I had to add raw food into that I think I would have gone and gotten a cheeseburger or somthing…LOL, not really but you know what I mean!

I fasted until dinner tonight and then had a wonderful raw salad. I feel much better than I did yesterday.

I really appreciate everybodies positive energy, I have been basking in it all day and it has really kept me “in the raw”.

• Glad to hear you are feeling better spiritedmama! I actually had a slip up without even knowing it! Marinated artichokes! Oops! If anything, these small slip ups give us a chance to reflect and remember why we are doing this. If you allow, from every mistake comes a wealth of knowledge, growth, and understanding.

You’re doing great! Keep it up!