Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

favortie food...

I thought it would be intresting to hear what everyone’s favorite raw food is and what there favorite food was before going raw. My favorite raw food is probably almond butter (although I try not to overdo it with that) And any kind of citrus fruits!!. my favorite food use to be peanut butter which makes sense. Also I loved milk actually but I’m glad I’m done with that.

Comments

• My favorite food since going raw is spinach. I must eat it for every meal. I use it in my green smoothie in the morning and it is always in my salad for dinner. Kind of amazing when you consider I had a really bad sweet tooth and was a cheese freak during my SAD days.

• Yes if I had to pick a food I couldn’t live without it would for sure be spinach. I eat a ton of it!!

• But I’m pretty sure most of us here eat tons of spinach and couldn’t live without it. lol

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

berries. especially strawberries. and cucumber, eat it with every meal.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i could eat so many sugar snap peas, or sungold tomatoes. they taste like all the goodness of the summer.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

before: pasta with tomato sauce and steamed veggies.

now: kale salad! cucumber-celery juice and coconut water. i LOVE making raw pasta too, but not eating it as much as i used to eat SAD pasta.

• hhmm I was thinking i was gonna have some carrot celery juice in the morning but I’ve never tried cucumber, I think I will!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

My favorite food seems to change weekly.

It was kiwi, then kale, then mushrooms, and now I’m getting back into pineapple. Fresh pineapple is what kept me raw when I first started.

It changes for me. But I do eat A TON of bananas, consistently.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i just juiced a whole cucumber. delicious!

• Before: watermelon. After: watermelon. Basically, I figured going raw would be fine by me because it still involved watermelon.

• before: cheese after: fruit, any of it, I especially love mangoes.

• Before—HUGE salads with croutons/ranch/pepperoncini’s and pineapple pizza, also mediterranean pizza [spinach, olives, onions, pepperoncini’s, feta, oregano]

Now—Mango upon mango day in day out lol..and I had the Mahalo pizza at Cafe Gratitude [pineapple pizza]...SO DELICIOUS!!! But my favorites are definitely mangos, tangelos, and “burritos”

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Before – bread!

Now – I guess Pineapples or cucumbers.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Before- umm… it kept changing… peanut butter on whole wheat bread, and then when I started being a health food junkie- steamed millet with olive oil and soy sauce (yes, really, I went nuts for it) After- smoothies! I could probably live my whole life without chewing… Haha…

• Before: Spaghetti Manrinara with green peppers and onions.

Now: Pineapples with strawberries. Oh, yeah and also, I love love love Raw Revolution bars. Especially the Chocolate and Coconut.

• Before: Cheese, peanut butter on crackers. After: Cherry tomatoes, spinach, apples

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

Before: Indian food. Dosas. Rice. Masala. Dal.

Now: Fruits. Mangos. Papayas. Pineapple. Bananas. Tomatoes. Avocados. Citrus. And romaine.

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

Ooh I second indian.

and now…everything, but especially greens. Any and all. They taste and feel sooo good.

• Before: Moraccan food (there’s a fabulous restaurant downstairs where I work) After: Green smoothies!!! These help me be raw more than anything else. :)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Before: chocolate & pizza

Now: like moth, I change all the time, but most recently raw chocolate, greens, and young Thai coconuts :)

• OceanBlissOceanBliss Raw Newbie

Before – Mac & cheese, steak with mashed potatoes and gravy…oh and BBQ chips…

Now – Cole slaw with cashew dressing. Apples. Any kind of raw pies!!

• Cashew dressing? Share please :)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I used to love potatoes, especially roasted, and I loved coffee.

Right now my favourite recipe is my version of Queen Fluff’s Raw Bacon-

It is wonderful, I am constantly making it!

And my favourite food is peaches, in season at last:) And spinach.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Right now… oranges, oranges, oranges. I can’t get enough.

• MopokeMopoke Raw Newbie

One of my pre-raw food binges was fresh crusty french bread with unsalted butter and honey…..even though I would bloat and be exhausted for the rest of the day…..and really good moist and chewy almond croissants…and big trays of mixed roasted veggies….and even back then I loved salads!

Right now I can’t get enough chia…I am beginning to think anything this addictive can’t really be good for me. Soaked in light macadamia milk and with nutmeg and raisins and maple syrup this dish is better than rice pudding – another old favourite :)

• before- strawberries after- strawberries

• before: mac and cheese (i cannot imagine how i ate gluten without dying of pain!), plain ruffles potato chips with ranch or spinach dip, risotto with mushrooms and tons of Parmesan

now: kelp noodles with spicy almond butter sauce, pineapple, greek salad. on the days i eat something cooked it almost always has to be a vegetable curry.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

before – Indian curry, Middle Eastern Food

after – peaches! cherry tomatoes, mangos, avocado, almond milk, raw pasta with creamy nut sauces, huge salads

• before: cheese, peanut butter after: avocado, durian

I guess I just love fat.

• haha unfortunatley I love fats too. Before raw I could of lived on peanut butter (I probably stil could.) And I always want Avocados or nuts and seeds.