Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

sore throat during detox

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

I am on day 14 of detox and this morning around 11 am i suddenly found my right side of my throat so sore I almost started crying. I can’t swallow at all. It came on SUPER suddenly, like over the course of 5 minutes. It’s been about an hour and a half now. I otherwise feel good, strong etc, although the pain is making me want to take a nap. I also feel almost like a sore on the right back part of my tongue—i might even put anbesol there!

Could this be a detox sign? If so, what’s the reason for it? I get the acne, but not the sore throat.

Thanks for any adivice.

Comments

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

I got a sore throat several days ago. And loads and loads of mucus. Fun huh? I suggest hot mint tea, so it won’t hurt so badly. Cloves also help with pain. Never use anbesal! Use cloves! Works the same, but healthier.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

thanks! i am dying here. no mucus though, just pain.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Two other suggestions:

• Fresh lemon juice in water (either hot or room temp water), this will help with detox
    • Throat Coat tea by Traditional Medicinals if you drink tea, yummy and naturally slightly sweet

If you have a sore throat for a week, please get it checked out by a doctor in case you have picked up Strep. Strep needs to be attended to and not ignored.

Happy healing.

• I had this same exact problem. My throat was so sore and I had sores on my tongue too. They went away in a few days. Good luck!

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

apple cider vinegar in cold water will help any sore throat instantly!

thank yolu everyone! do i drink the apple cider vinegar or just gargle? I will drink the lemon juice in water too. ugh, this stinks.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

throat coat tea is amazing. are you juicing? drink some carrot juice to fight the infection.

• Gargle a…..

8 oz. glass of water

2 tablesppons of raw apple cider vinegar

Dash of cayenne (no more than 1/8 teaspoon)

Gargle until glass is empty. Usually relieves most sore throats within minutes. If not can repeat procedure in fifteen minutes.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

hydrogen peroxide gargle, or straight chlorophyll gargle (green juice)... very healing for the mouth.

as to why this is happening, i have read that it’s a sign of detox, but i forget why. this happened to me too.

thanks everyone. well, the sore throat is about 70% better and the tongue sores feel better not 100% but better.

Strangely, right after I got these 2 symptoms, i started to feel super bad, crampy, awful. then i went to the toilet (sorry for tmi) and felt immediately better, lighter. so maybe that was the worst of it,