Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tired

I’ve been about 80% raw for a week and I’ve been feeling really tired. I sleep, but my eyes are achy and my body hurts. I have also been exercising more, but if feels like my body just isn’t recovering.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i’ve heard this can be signs of detox. make sure you are getting plenty of greens. carrot juice does wonders for me. take time to rest and don’t overdue the exercise. i hope you feel better soon.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Sounds like it might be detox. For info, check out: Detoxing/Cleansing/Correcting Response on Gone Raw. If this doesn’t resonate with you and you are still concerned, please seek a health professional for advice.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Whenever you make drastic changes it takes the body some time adjust. Like bitt said consume fresh vegetable juices daily. It would also be a good idea to get your blood checked every once and a while.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yes, that is good advice to get your blood checked. before i went raw I found out i had low iron and low vitamin D. both cause fatigue.

• Wow thank you guys! Fresh veggie juice should be no problem cause I just got a champion juicer (yay!). Actually, it is encouraging that this is happening if it is detox, that means that my body is getting healthier :)

• What can you eat or drink to maintain healthy vitamin D and Iron levels, then?

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

green smoothies help. LOTS of rest helps. I slept a lot for the first few weeks i went 100% raw.. then i gradually started walking more, then biking, and finally i sleep 7-8 hrs a night, heavy exercise on weekends, and i’m never tired. you’ll get there!