Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tired

I’ve been about 80% raw for a week and I’ve been feeling really tired. I sleep, but my eyes are achy and my body hurts. I have also been exercising more, but if feels like my body just isn’t recovering.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

What is your daily diet like?

• And what was your diet like before?

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

shrk_byte – being tired is very very common when you’re starting to go raw. When you search the forums you’ll see numerous references to be tired. I was the same, and what worked for me and for many is just to take it easy and not worry so much about working out. This is TRANSITION and it sounds like you’re expecting your body to function as it normally would while you’ve introduced some profound changes.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

try some juices. like carrot juice for me. take your time. hope you get more energy soon! for me it took 2 weeks.

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

try some stretching first thing in the morning, just for a few minutes if you don’t do it already. continue small stretches you can do throughout theday to keep your blood flowing and aches at a minimum.

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

and when you feel like sleeping, do it! follow your body’s instincts…

• Juices are good, also maybe make some smoothies and throw in some goji berries. Do you drink any tea? If so when I am having a hard time waking up I drink a cup of yerba matte. Recently I have been having an easy time wakign up and gaining energy but mainly due to falling a sleep ealier and ealier and waking up early with jog around the block twice, a premade smoothie from the night before and some streches from an am yoga tape. Hope you find a good way to get the energy you need.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

It took me four weeks of being tired to feel normal (when transitioning from 60 to 100% raw). Get tons of sleep and have some chocolate in a smoothie to wake up.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

are you taking EFAs? i just got a vegan one and it is really helping with my fatigue.

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

It’s called Detoxing. Let it happen, rejoice in it! Your body is thanking you for cutting down on the amount of poison you are giving it by letting some of it go. Don’t supplement, this may make you feel better but mainly because it will stop the Detox. Love the detox, that’s what this is all about, after all.

If you want to really get past this once and for all try 100% for 6 weeks to 3 months. After that life is a breeze! If anyone tells you different, ask them if they have ever done it themselves. there are many “High Raw” fooders who have never gone “all the way”.

Also many who think they have tried 100%, didn’t because they were eating food they didn’t know was cooked. Raw recipes here and in books are full of cooked items carried over from the vegan or health food world. To know for sure consult The Dead Food List .

Make sure you know who’s advice you are listening to. Many posts on forums are by inexperienced rawists passing around advice they have seen or heard on others forums, forums that are also full of inexperienced rawbies, consider the source.

• I also feel a little bit tired when I eat raw.BUT!The feeling of tiredness is Quite unlike those feelings when you eat cooked.When I eat raw I feel that my body should get tired,and it does in its natural way.It’s because my body doesn’t get any stimulants or drugs that cooked food loaded with. I don’t get irritated then,or too much awakened or excited or anticipated or too much relaxed.No.I feel great and I love this feeling of tiredness.At least I can sleep well and my dreams would be amazing,those of a child,)

• But one thing that worries me all the time-it’s terrible colds when I eat raw for long.I’m shivering all the time.It’s the only thing that I can’t help.