Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

My skin hates me - what to do.

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I wash my face with water and a cloth once a day. I use tea tree oil on my zits but it doesn’t seem to help that much and I appear to be getting more, plus weird red blotches?! I’m a little frustrated. Does this sound like detox? I mean, I’m sure it is, but still. Detox or not, I’m vain = and I like my skin to look pretty. I don’t know what to do. I eat mostly fruit – not very many greens, because I just don’t care for them too much right now. (no blender for green smoothies either). 1 cucumber a day didn’t seem to help.

I don’t have a lot of money right to now to spend on facial cleanses. I read in a recent thread that a liver cleanse will help? Well, money is extremely tight; just started a new job after a stint of unemployment and I’m barely feeding myself at the moment.

/woe is me. Encouragement PLEASE….

Comments

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I was hoping using natural methods of cleansing like water only, it would clear up on its own…any chance of this? I’ve been using makeup on occasion to cover up the blotches and I’m wondering if this is aggravating the situation.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

This too shall pass!!! Keep on keeping on!!! Now as to something to wash with…. Baking Soda is what I use on my face twice a day with warm water and a cloth… I also brush my teeth with it, use it on my hair then rinse with vinegar… Purchase a very large package of it at Sams for less than 4 dollars… Also, wash my clothes in it… So cheap and versatile!!! Might want to stay away from the face make-up as it may add to your problem…

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Thanks…I’m deep in my fifth month raw. My skin has gone through periods of clarity and glowing, to flaking and breaking out, but I’ve been having really bad breakouts lately and it’s troubling. I KNOW I will just stick it out, but it’s humbling as hell to say the least. I stopped eating so many greens because I have a hard time feeling satisfied on them. Fruit satisfies me much more directly…

...but I wonder if adding more greens would help.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i don’t really know a lot about breakouts except i do know you can probably get a cheap blender on craig’s list or something if you want to make smoothies.

• I break out on occasion. Much better than before being Raw. I find that blending up mostly tomatoes, cucumber, a little lemon and honey do really well on my blemishes. I put it on like a mask. I suggest it.

• itouristitourist Raw Newbie

I started being raw two years ago. I am greater than 60% raw now. It’s taken a while to get it right; and to detox cellulite and crap out.

I broke out horribly. I thought it could be the detox. But after more than a year, trying different skin products, and alternating the diet I finally figured out what it was.

I don’t make much money during the summer. So I decided to cut the Omega 3 pills out ($20 a bottle). I also quit eating walnuts (that I shelled) and store bought almond milk, because I heard negative things about mold in the blood caused by consuming a lot of nuts. Instead of the walnuts and almond milk, I started having a green drink, half a cantaloupe, and one mango for breakfast. My breakouts went way down. In February, I stopped the stevia in my diet (only was consuming two packets a day) and noticed even more dramatic improvement in the skin.

So I believe it was the new dietary things I was eating when I became raw and not the detox itself that was causing the breakouts. Now I do not have breakouts, thank the lord.

Like you I eat a raw fruit. Hope you are trying a variety, not just consuming a lot of the same thing all day.

I hope everything goes much better for you. We have all had the money woes before and can appreciate you not feeling good. Take good care of yourself. It’ll be o.k.

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

Supposedly you only get acne if your liver is overworked, then everything gets sent out through the skin. So you might look into foods or herbs (whichever is most comfortable to you) that help cleanse the liver. Also, make sure you are “regular”, if not extra regular, so everything that passes from the liver to the intestines is actually coming out, and not getting reabsorbed. Before I went raw, when I’d break out I took Milk thistle. It helped. There are a few other things too, but for some reason I cannot think of them. hmm..

• olive oil as a cleanser and moisturizer! this works too! I use it and have also been adding in a little aloe to the olive oil for extra skin healing properties. remember, a little goes a long way! http://eightofspades.vox.com/library/post/ocm-o…