Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Kale Juicing

Hi guys…

Ive been making green juices and instead of blending spinach Ive been juicing it. I find the green juice much nicer than smoothies, Im a big texture person and prefer the smoothness and thinness of the juice. Can you juice kale? Ive finally sourced kale here in Ireland which is something Ive never been able to do and havent tried it yet. I see from recipies lots of people blend it in smoothies. Any best kale recipie ideas????

Comments

• Yes you can juice Kale depending on what kind of juicer you have you may not get a lot of juice out of it.

• Cool ardesmond2 – Ill give it a go!!!!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I love kale in my green juices!

• i like to cut the stems out, use the leaves in kale salad (massaged with salt & lemon) and juice the stems with celery, apple & lemon. sometimes i put a few whole kale leaves in as well.

• suryadayasuryadaya Raw Newbie

I love to add kale to my green juices but for some reason it always starts jamming up my super-hardcore-nothing-can-mess-with-me juicer so I have to just use the leaves and chop them up and juice them with something else. :(

• JDJD

I have a brevelle and juice kale with no problem. You don’t get a lot out of leafy greens when you juice them so don’t be surprised. You’ll get more out of the romaine than the kale and more out of the apple and lemon than either leafy vegetable.

Green Lemonade 6 kale leafs (stems included) 5 romaine leafs 1-2 apples 1 lemon

• Try juicing Dandelion greens they yield a lot of juice more then the other greens and they are a power house of nutrition. I am drinking 3 bunches straight right now, LOL and besides the funny look I have every time I take a sip it feels really good.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Dang, the last time I juiced straight dandelion it gave me serious runs. It’s better for me in small doses:)

• JDJD

ardesmond2, 3 bunches…doesn’t that get expensive? How much does 3 bunches yield?

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

how can you tolerate 3 bunches of dandelion? I can barely tolerate the bitterness of half a bunch