Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

NO WHOLE FOODS

I just moved to Lancaster california and there is no Whole Foods market out here and i’m lost. My raw foodism is going down the drain because i have no where to buy my organic raw foods or ingredients to make my raw meals. There is only a whole wheatery here which is very small and does not carry anything a whole foods would carry.. Help

Comments

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I live in upstate NY and there is also no whole foods. Look for a coop or natural/ health store and check out what they’ve got. Then supplement by ordering a few things online. For example my coop carries hemp seeds now at my request, my grocery store (big chain) started carrying young thai coconuts as per my request. Then I order coconut butter, raw macademia nuts and a few other things online. You can make it work! You can do it!

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Can you find some asian market? A mom and pop korean or chinese foodstand maybe?? I know that might be tough but its a shot. I would think in Lancaster that you could get some really great local produce ( fresh almonds? maybe ) especially now that summer is coming. You can do it!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Why not buy in bulk online? You may be able to get a better deal by dealing direct with the growers online. I’m not in the USA but I have heard of a raw organic nut and a date website that lots of people buy from. I’m sure it wouldn’t take long to find them.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

i second buying in bulk. i live in nyc and still buy some stuff online.,

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

My local grocery stores carry quite a bit of organic produce. I also order non perishables online, it’s easier than going to several stores since one doesn’t have it all. I am not a WalMart fan, but I heard that they are one of the largest sellers of organic produce, crazy, huh? Also, I buy some organic produce at Costco. I do live near a Whole Foods, but find other places that I prefer.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

who cares? =)

i just typed a lancaster county zip into localharvest.org and searched for farms. you can go straight to the farm and pick up everything you need! there’s nothing better.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Oh, I wish I lived where I could go pick up organic produce from the farm! My local health food store is lacking some variety. I’ve heard of produce delivery services that deliver organic produce to your door – anybody know of any that will deliver to Utah?

• suzyqsuzyq Raw Newbie

This website does a great job of cataloging local farms or delivery services that can hook you up with organic produce! It has a national database, so angie, you might be able to find something in Utah…

http://www.localharvest.org/csa/