Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

PMS Foods?

Anyone know of any helpful foods or herbs for PMS symptoms? (Besides chocolate, unless you can direct me to something raw!) I really don’t want to rely on the old painkiller standby anymore.

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

www.sunfood.com – Raw chocolate! I never have PMS symptoms when I get enough of that, but every other brand I have tried just gives me gas & indigestion and I still get PMS. I buy the powder, and I use it in drinks, pudding, pies, brownies, etc. Some people don’t do well with raw chocolate (I don’t know what brands they have used), but it is a lifesaver for me. Last period, I had bought a cheaper brand of chocolate, and I remembered why people use drugs (painkillers)! :)

• I did some research. Foods high in magnesium help RELAX crampy muscles. Eat those leafies!

• Heh thanks I find when I’m near PMS is when my 25% not rawness comes up and is hard to control. I try raw chocolate and making green but yummy smoothies around the clock but still am slipping a bit but I’m getting better… I think.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Valerian is a calming herb for irritability and mood swings. I do go a little crazy every month. I forget things, get confused over the simplest tasks and I even drove into a lamppost once! I find yoga really helps me, when I don’t do it I really feel the difference ever month. I belive it balances out our hormonal system.

• Yoga does do amazing work for cramps! Meditation also helps me when I’ve realized I’ve been moody all day. I have certain yoga movements for certain times, to start the day, end the day/help me sleep, PMS, sick and so on. I don’t know where I would be with out yoga today.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

hot pack over where you feel cramps! Last time I had bad cramps, I hopped on my spin bike and did a cycle workout. Didn’t really want to at first, but about half way through, realized my cramps were GONE!!! So even though it seems like torture, workout, it helps!

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

I second increasing the greens and soothing soups coming up to that time. And, regular gentle and enjoyable exercise, yoga etc.