Super Excited!!

So believe it or not I had never been to a Whole Foods until this past weekend. I went out of town so I made it a priority to go. WoW I loved it and couldn’t get over how big it is. I live in a Pretty small town so the produce section was like three times the size of the one in my grocery store. My mom and friend made fun of me the whole time because I was so happy just looking at everything! We ended up being there four times before the weekend was over. To make the weekend even better I got to go to a vegan restaurant that had a raw section on the menu. This was also a first and it was totally delicious. What was even better though was that a couple friends and family came with me and loved it too! They didn’t eat raw but vegan is better than nothing. They kind of looked at the menu with disgust when they didn’t know what any of it was. My grandma almost got a salad but I wouldn’t let anyone because they already think thats all I can eat. Overall it was a really great weekend and I decided I really do love raw foods so today was my first day being a 100% raw and I’m gonna stick with it. Thats about it I just wanted to share all my raw excitment from the weekend!

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

So glad for you, I love your enthusiasm! You’ll find that most raw foodists are fairly isolated in the beginning, especially with family, but after almost a year being raw more and more of my friends and family are experimenting and embracing it more and more.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

It puts a big smile on my face to see you so happy and excited. Go, you:-D

• Whole Foods & Trader Joes are my food saviors I don’t know what I would do with out them. I have a small trader joes a block away from me which I go to about every other day and then weekly I try to make it to a whole foods that is about a 20 minutes drive since the trader joes is pretty small. Glad you found one and I hope you fidn a way to use them more often.