Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Ear Infections

I think I have one. Everytime I yawn or my ears pop, it is so sore and sounds really loud. Anyone know of natural remedies to rid me of this awful pain? I have heard of warm olive oil but I am not sure if that is fitting for this. Any help is appreciated, Thank you

Comments

• would an ear candle maybe help with that?

• I will look into that, Thank you

• lstorzlstorz Raw Superstar

You can find some mullein and garlic drops in health stores, apothecaries or whole foods. Put some drops into your ears, stuff with cotton and let sit. I have always gotten ear infections very easily since I was a child, and I swear by mullein and garlic.

• Thank you, I will give that a try…It seems to be a bit better now after having a bath and submerging my head in the warm water, I dunno…

• lstorzlstorz Raw Superstar

Be careful of wind and water. I wear earplugs when I swim, and I wear a kerchief over my ears when I ride my bike. That helps a lot. If I feel even the slightest ear infection coming on, it’s mullein and garlic for me. It’s not too expensive either. I hope you feel better!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Or you could have your ears cleaned at the doctors. Make sure they know what they are doing.

• SueSue Raw Newbie

hydrogen peroxide (about 3 drops) in each ear is supposed to be really good for treating ear infections. I tried it (not having an ear infection, but just to make sure it wasn’t dangerous and didn’t make me go deaf..:}, and it actually worked as a good ear cleaner. Do one ear at a time, leave it in for a few minutes, then drain and gently wipe with a qtip.

• mmmorgans, oh you poor thing, I know how you feel, I have had the worst ears my entire life, just busted an ear drum 3 years ago, horrid. As long as you have no discharge from the ear (That would mean a leak and a hole, and a trip to the doctor) then here’s my two cents. Warm about 2 tsp of olive oil to body temperature, test it on your wrist like you do with a baby bottle, then pour it into your ear and plug it up with a cotton ball. Get a heating pad and lie with it on your painful side, not too hot and then just go to bed (turn off the heat first!)

• Thanks for all the wonderful tips, I ended up geting some S’Francis Herb Farm Ear Oil and it workd!! Yeah no more pain for me, and now I can listen to my ipod again…going for walks without music is hard to do.