Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

rough day

bittbitt Raw Newbie

today and yesterday have been rough for me. although i am still raw (over 1 month). i am just tired again and i am sad about that because i have been so energetic lately. i suppose it might come in waves. i know i need to get off this one medication because it is making my dehydrated. i can barely even talk sometimes and i am a teacher! but i am not seeing my doctor for a few weeks and i need to talk to her about it. perhaps i am still feeling other symptoms from it. my headaches are coming back and my back pain was gone for like 4 days then it came back a little but not as strong.

it could also be the lack of sun. it has been really dark and rainy here and not is not my favorite type of weather. it is supposed to be sunny here later this week.

i am wondering what types of foods might boost my energy and make me feel better. right now juices and green smoothies are the most satisfying foods for me although i am at work all day and need some other food to feel full (like fruits and salads and raw crackers or something).

Comments

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

i know what you mean bitt, i’m in portland, oregon and i’m so ready for the sun that’s supposed to arrive this week. i love raw food in general for happy energy. cacao works wonderfully for me. also exercise. i run, do weights, a little yoga. and coconut water is fantastic for hydration.

all the best!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

thanks. i need to exercise more but a physical condition prevents some types for me. i will do some yoga before bed. good thinking. that’s why i love this site!

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

coconut water is awesome!!! and if it’s any consolation, I am having a rough night—I’ve been solidly raw for a couple weeks now, and at work today, I had a bagel and soymilk that made me lag the rest of my shift, had a decent afternoon, but then went to the store for some cucumbers and ended up having wayyyy too much of other stuff for my own good…a good reminder in putting into our bodies only what we need…and going off of your craving for sun, it is INCREDIBLE how much this affects us sometimes. It never ceases to amaze me. While reevaluating why I was eating these things today, I realized it was because I haven’t seen the sun in almost a week! That is just wrong. I need to move to the tropics, pronto.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

exercise! really. I know it’s hard to find the time. But if you can just find 15 minutes to get your heart rate up it will really help. I use the jumpsnap (jumpsnap.com)—don’t laugh cuz it looks stupid, butit really helps my energy!!

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

“jumpsnap” reminds me of the “bend and snap” in Legally Blonde! :)

• I find maca really good for helping with feeling down…..and the sun, of course. Better days ahead. :)

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

I’m right there with you! The weather has been really bad. I JUST turned on a few of my lamps in the house, because it is so glum in here. I do like to go tanning sometimes, and that helps me A LOT. I also haven’t been tanning in a few weeks, and I also ate really bad this past week. so, I am going to go tanning, and make some yummy raw food.

• We definately are getting sun here in Eugene, it was actually hot today :P It’s amazing how much the sun feeds our bodies…I just got done reading a chapter about sun in David Wolfe’s book, The Sunfood Diet. Has anyone else read it? What do you think of it?

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i think i am over-worked and under-sunned. thankfully there is sun in the forecast for tomorrow.

i had 3 green smoothies today. they give me the most energy and are filling. i also had some coconut water which was delicious.

as far as exercise, i have a bone spur in my back so jumping is out for now. i did some yoga today. i have to get into a better routine with that. if i could just wake up earlier i would walk to school too.

• bitt, I’ve had a rough day, too. A rough few days. School is winding to a close – I teach, too – and my students have had one problem after another. I teach 8th grade in a poor, rural community.

I stuck to raw, but I ate WAY TOO MUCH to fill the emotional void left after solving everyone else’s problems. Ugh. I feel gross and bloated today. I need some sunshine, too. :) And I live in a place where we get sun 360 days a year, LOL! But I end up leaving school after dark, blah.

Here’s to a better day for all of us today!

Big hugs, Birdie

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

You can go down to Whole Foods/the local co-op and try some goji berries for a pick me up! :)

• chocolate always does it for me! :-)

• I have notice that bj can be at a low eb sometimes. But let him turn on some of his teen age music, and he seems to just come alive! I have heard that music can actually effect your nerves as to give you a boost! Sometimes I have to tell him to turn it off so I can peal him off the ceiling! LOL!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

If you’re missing sunshine, sunflower seeds are a great food source of vitamin D – I love raw tacos when I feel down in the wintertime :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i have tried gogi and cacao. i am probably just doing too much. i’m on like 3 committees. i need to learn to say no!

i started taking vegan EFA supplement from blue-green algae and some spirulina in my smoothies. i get less hungry for lunch now and i am more awake. i like it!

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

You might want to try adding a tablespoon or more of coconut oil, olive oil, or flax oil to your smoothies, if you’re not already doing so. It will help the fruit sugars from the smoothies to absorb more slowly to provide you with longer lasting energy. LOL. :)