Is this cacao?

So I went to the Whole Foods near me today for the first time. I was looking for cacao anything. nibs…powder. I found a pretty small selection. I bought some cacao powder with no clue if it’s raw or not. I opened it up to taste it and it was so bitter! It tasted like baking cocoa. the kind that is ick unless you put it with something. Is this cacao? the person working there nearby had never heard of it..so he didn’t know.So….um. they also had bars of solid cacao it looked like from a company that also sells baking chocolate. i’m confused. :)

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yeah our whole foods does not have much like that. our health food store has some cacoa nibs. i think they tend to respond to the community better. you could ask whole foods to order some. or request it. if the packaging does not say if it is raw or not you could call the company. i am guessing it is roasted because that is what most folks in the SAD world like.

BTW, how are you doing?

• Hmmm I may request it. First I am going to check trader joe’s. Personally I’m doing pretty ok, thanks for asking.I actually was able to buy a whole bunch of wonderful stuff today and I made my first raw dish. I have had a bit of a burning sensation near my stomach…but I’m almost positive it’s from a ..um…membrane or something of that nature being bunched up. I don’t remember what it is….perhaps the diaphragm. you fix it by pushing down and in going from below your sternum and going about 3 inches down. OUCH. lol I am also super excited about going raw now. getting stuff from the store finally made it a reality. and my mom was surprisingly supportive. hmmmm….maybe she just figures she will indulge me and see what happens. :) Oh and I read that you had a rough day. that is poopey and I’m sorry. I think though, that in the end you will be happier if you stick with it. you always have support here too! sending positive thoughts your way, <3>

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

TC , if youve never tried carob root powder you may like it , i like it way better than cocoa . i think probably www.rawfoodtalk.com store sells it and would be a trusted raw source . i like carob powder in almond milk with bananas .

congrats on getting to raw and loading up on all your grocerys :-)