Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I need some help with bladder infection

sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

In the last week, I have been eating so terrible. I got really stressed out, and ate sugar galore. Now I have cramping in my lower abdomen, I’m peeing a lot, and I have horrible pain in my intestines. I’m starting to itch. (I’m not supposed to eat gluten either.) My body is so super sensitive to food. If I eat bad for a week, I feel it all over. So, is there a good fast I could do? I’m going to do some cranberry juice, and garlic. I seriously feel like my insides are being twisted, and pulled. What have I done? :-(

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

SARAW - I have noticed that since I started eating more raw food if I deviate to SAD in any way I feel like crap and will either have stomach pains of gallbladder pains if the food has meat in it. I guess our bodies know we have been taking care of them and it’s their way of saying, “Hey, what do you think you’re doing?”

When you say bladder infection, I think of that as the same of a urinary tract infection (UTI). I am not sure that is what you meant because you didn’t mention some of the other symptoms like frequent, painful urination. If that is what is happening, plenty of cranberry juice will work over time but if you get some concentrated cranberry supplements and take 3 – 4 of them 3 times daily the pain usually goes away in less than 24 hours and the symptoms can lessen or disappear as well. This works well for a large number of people as everyone I know who follows this regime has the same fast results.

I keep those supplements in my car, office and home. The second I have any symptom of a UTI, I take them right away. I usually don’t get to the point where I am in discomfort. It is like taking GSE when you start to realize a yeast infection coming on – it knocks it out really fast. You might want to think about taking about 15 drops of GSE (grapefruit seed extract) both morning and night to get rid of whatever is causing you to itch. (Now that I think about it, I have not had to contend with a UTI since going high raw.)

I hope you feel better soon. :)

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I have the exact same thing going on. I believe it might be yeast in the intestines though. Last night I bought some oil of oregano and put a few drops under my tongue, swallowed a clove of garlic later and had some probiotics in a smoothie. I had cranberry extract all day yesterday just in case. Believe it or not, after two weeks of not feeling right, I feel much better this morning. THe only problem is, I don’t know which remedy helped! I figured that none would hurt so I tried all that were available to me. I couldn’t find GSE or I probably would’ve tried that too!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I probably don’t have to tell you this, but no sweetener what so ever in that cranberry juice! You will only feed the infection!! Also put a hot pack over your pelvis, that will help the pain!

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Think simple and soothing. Plenty of fluids, rest and things like soup and smoothies. Chamomile tea and pau d’arco. I would also use garlic and turmeric in my veggie meals. I had this once, I know how uncomfortable it can be, it can also take a few weeks to heal so don’t expect instant results.

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

Thank you for the replies! So, should I steer clear of higher sugar fruits as well you think? I only ate about a quarter of my salad last night, because I felt so yucky. I didn’t eat anything today until 12pm, and I had a small handful of raisins, and I tried to eat some almonds, but they didn’t taste good. Then I ate a banana. This am, I realized that it wasn’t my intestines, in one spot that were bothering me, it is my gall bladder. I think about what I ate the most of that was NOT okay, was cheese. I also ate some peanut butter chocolate things, a few bites here and there of some PASTA. (not good for my gluten issue..) I have dermatitis herpetiformis. :-( So, if there is some foods that might be better to eat, then I want to eat those foods. I hate that I am so sensitive foods. At least now my husband is supportive, and knows that I am just not a nutcase.

• suryadayasuryadaya Raw Newbie

Hey! A woman i visited earlier this week told me that back in the 60’s when she was traveling on the road she suffered from severe reoccurring problems with her bladder for a long time and physicians put her on useless drugs and dilated her urethra which did nothing. She went on a goldenseal fast for a few days and when she came off kept drinking it like crazy and she’s never had a problem since. I’m not advocating fasting on it for a normal infection but look into it!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

saraw if you have gluten intolerance you have to STOP eating gluten! sorry, i have been there, it is hard. clear your house out of it, your family can deal for a little while. also, if you are eating wheat your small intestine is probably in bad shape so any dairy is out until you recover (or longer, if need be). I think you need to eat (not fast), but you will need several months off gluten to feel better. PLEASE be nice to your body. Once you are off gluten for good (and dairy too) you will feel so great it will be worth it. Please trust me as I have been there. it is one of the hardest things to give up, i know (I’ve had it for over 12 years). You need your family to support you and not eat wheat around you. also lots of fiber could be hard on you if your intestines are being destroyed by the wheat, so the salads will be harder to digest. you should probably have green smoothies, some cooked sweet potato (if you want cooked food). almond milk and mashed banana would be soothing. some raw or cooked applesauce. plan frequent, small meals. IF you have DH you need to stay gluten-free!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I came down with a UTI last night. I am a big wimp about being sick so I was crying my eyes out.

I remember the first time I got a UTI - I had no idea what it was and it went up to my kidney – it felt like I had a big rock on my side. I eventually ended up driving myself to the ER. I guess my kidney wasn’t infected but it was close.

I have had several UTIs since then but mine seem to be related mostly to intercourse – that is when I get them. So, I make it a practice to pee right after. Also changing the way I “wipe” – I always did from back to front – but I changed and that has helped.

The last time I got one (and this time) I noticed a small piece of stool in my public hair – that was probably what started it.

Anyhow, I take Solray CranActin which really helps and I drank some Pau D arco – Didn’t have any cranberry juice unfortunatley and the store was already closed so I had to suffer with none (I sent the my bf out for some today). I almost don’t feel like eating anything when I have these – just water, my tablets, tea and juice.

But this time, I actually got really feverish and achey and started getting lower back pain near my kidneys (which scares me!). than I let myself throw up and the feverish feeling went away almost immediately – funny but I threw up raw hummus that I ate earlier that day.

I was feeling better this morning when I got up (not that I slept or anything) but than I started feeling a little worse esp my back. Ugh. I am worried about this traveling to my kidneys because I have no insurance to go to the doctor. I started treating it right away so I don’t see how it could get up the kidneys so fast. I can’t remember for sure but isn’t back pain a symptom of UTI and doesn’t necessary mean it has made it to your kidneys?

So I am sitting here with a heating pad on my back waiting for my juice…sigh.

Someone else mentioned on another thread about D- Mannose for a UTI - I have the bf looking for that at WF but don’t know if they will have it.