Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Crepes

Oh I have all sorts of questions today. So I am trying to make banana crepes. I checked on them and they seem to be suck to the Texflexx sheet. Like.. I will have to scrape it off. What went wrong?

Comments

• Our banana crepes tend to have a golden, brown color when they are ready. You should not have to scrape them off. Try peeling them off. They should peel off quite easily.

• yeah….they don’t peel either. I did just look in the manual and it says to lightly spray the sheet with PAM. :( but the crepes are stuck. It’s all pretty even..and the temp was low….so… there are really dry and crisp parts that are stuck…but even the softer more pliable parts are stuck and are just getting torn as I’m trying to scrape them off. Oh boy…there goes breakfast. :(

• ok and i just gashed myself with the metal utensil I was using. boo

• Maybe they were dried for a bit long? I made some fruit ‘leather’ the other day and it came off so easily, then the next day I made some and had the same problem as you. Perhaps I spread it a tad thin as well…

Try again, though! I had the banana strawberry crepes with almond cream and they were seriously amazing!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

If you read my comments on this Crepes Recipe it will help… copy-pasted here:

Ripe bananas are sweeter. But, they also have more moisture and take longer to dehydrate (about half hour or more). They also stick to the teflex/parchment more. Less ripe bananas are easier to peel off without tearing the crepe apart. For either ripe or unripe bananas: If the crepe does tear off, take what stuck to the teflex or parchment and smear it back to cover the hole. You won

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

use parchment paper over your teflex

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

put another tray with teflex over that one, flip, and peel.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

maybe they weren’t in long enough? I find the stickiness disappears when they’ve gone past a certain point. It isn’t helpful to follow recipe book dehydration times, everyones is different depending on the climate they live in. And the dehydrator they have, thickness of crepes etc. Don’t give up, the banana crepe recipe is amazing!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Don’t use PAM! If you have to, wipe coconut oil on the Teflex. I had the same problem once with the banana pancake recipe that I posted. The rounds would not peel off until I dried them longer. I started making them into whole sheets, cutting them like bread and rolling them with cashew cream cheese, but sweeter. They peel easier. Yummy!

• Well…honestly there are so many various answers that I’m not sure. :) the edges were dry and stuck and the middle was wet and stuck. I had to scrape it of in little pieces. Nothing peeled or anything like that. :( I was following Kandace’s recipe. I only dehydrated for about 6 hours and the temp was low enough. It is possible that it wasn’t thick enough. Not sure. :) I have never dehydrated anything before….so I’m learning. I am very grateful for all the suggestions. I’m sure that one..or even more that are listed here are the solution. I will just have to experiment. <3>

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I make crepes every week! 12+ crepes each week.

These are all good suggestions. I like the idea of the parchment paper on top of the teflex so you get a smoother texture on the bottom… and it just may be easier to peel off… but, I always prefer teflex over parchment. I’ve tried both!

Yes, they start to dry around the edges first. But with such a low temperature setting for so long, I’m not sure what to suggest since the ones I make dehydrate at 145F in 2 hrs.

I also noticed that Kandace’s recipe doesn’t use flax where as A. Cohen’s does. And, I think that helps it stick together better. Hopefull Kandace can reply and let you know how to make them without falling apart. Otherwise, try flax. (?)

• hmmmm.. ok. well there is something else for me 2 try. danke. I just..need 2 figure out how 2 work w/ the dehydrator I have.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

tunacupcakes, do you have an excalibur? I do. I want to make Kandace’s banana crepes too. I don’t want to run into the same problem. If you want Kandace’s attention to this, you should probably write so in the title, will make it clearer to her. Also, did you use teflex or mesh sheets? Don’t use the mesh ones…. that will definately make it fall apart.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I’ve only made one version of the crepe recipe (posted here). I’ve made it a few times and haven’t had any sticking (I used just a dehydrator with a teflex sheet). Hope this helps!