Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Everyday Raw

Does anyone have this new book by Matthew Kenny? I made the raw chili last night! HEAVEN!!! I could eat it every day! I can’t wait to try some more of his recipes! Ice cream cones, chocolate chip cookies, caramel! Genious!! I highly recommend!

Comments

• Thanks for posting, LibbyB. I’ve been considering buying it, but when I checked out the table of contents on Amazon it seemed a little heavy on nut-based recipes. I am still new to the raw food life style and confused about the conflicting “expert” opinions on fat. Please keep reporting on the recipes you make from Everyday Raw!

BTW - Was your profile pix taken at the Chicago Botanic Garden by any chance? The mural/sculpture in the back is SO reminiscent of a show I saw there the last time I visited…

• It does have a fair amount of nut recipes, but many of them make big amounts – the chili for instance, calls for a cup of nuts per 2 quart recipe! 2 quarts serves a lot, so I figure I only ate maybe a 1/4 cup of nuts at most with that meal.

My picture was taken near the Antique Row area of Philadelphia. There are so many beautiful, eclectic mosaics all over that neighborhood!

• Seriously! I made the raw chocolate chips last night. This book makes me so giddy!! I’m sleeping with it tucked under my pillow.

Oh, did I mention there is also a recipe for raw (soybean-less) tofu??

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’m glad it’s giving you so much joy!

I have yet to get a raw cookbook; been winging it for about six months now.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

oooh it’s only 13 bucks on amazon. i don’t own a recipe book either! this one looks very tasty – the chili, feta, porto fajitas, pad thai, torta?? wowee! now i just need to spend 25 total on amazon so i can get free shipping.. Perhaps i should buy Fresh by Sergei Boutenko.

• The thing I like about Matthew Kenney is that his recipes are so thorough. There really is no messing them up. I’ve tried lots of corn chip recipes from this site and others, but the one from his book actually tastes like SAD chips. It’s definitely my go-to book for feeding non-raw folks for that very reason.

• i thought raw food real world was so amazingit’s been my go-to book for dinner partiesbut i’ll definitely have to check this new one out!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Good to know – I always like to hear people’s experiences/opinions about raw books – this one sounds great! :)

• LibbyB – Have you tried any of the ice cream recipes in Everyday Raw? I am wondering if Matthew’s new ice cream recipes are any different from the ones in Raw Food/Real World. I made the vanilla ice cream from RFRW and was kind of disappointed…still looking for a raw ice cream that truly competes with the SAD kind. I’d also be interested if anyone has a favorite ice cream recipe posted on goneraw. Thanks!

• You sold me on it… Just ordered it, should be here friday :)

• jparamax – I haven’t tried any ice cream, but I never was big on ice cream anyway. I know he has a creamsicle recipe that sounds amazing – and ice cream cones – very excited about those!!!

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

I’ve been wanting to read it at the library, but my library is really slow on getting new books.

• Amazon= SO FAST! Got it today, can’t wait to check it out!!

• This a fantastic book. One of my favorites. His mango wraps are to die for. Can’t wait to try his chili.

• O.K. Since LibbyB’s not an ice cream fan – I’m counting on you Sarabethxvx. If you’ve explored raw ice cream recipes, I’d love to hear how the ones in Everyday Raw compare.

Please keep posting your opinions on the recipes that ya’ll try from Everyday Raw… Thx!

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

oooh, I WANT this book now! I have a nice stack of raw food books from the library. I usually can’t keep them for more than 3 weeks, because someone else has holds on them. I’ll search for this book. I’d LOVE a chip recipe that is like a SAD chip.

• Okay, so I ordered the book. The recipes in here look amazing! I can’t wait to make the tofu! I am so excited to try out these recipes!

• I just ordered this from my local book store…I am so excited!!!

• TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

Im so excited to get this one.. but im going to order Fresh first and get this one next week. Is there anyway you can post the silken tofu…. im very intrested in that one?

• Has anybody made the ice cream cones? The recipe is not too clear and I see the picture on page 136, but the recipe on page 134 says nothing about rolling them up, only to “break into small pieces.” Anyway, I would love your advice if you tried to make them, or if you can figure out what to do even without having made them.

Thanks!

• I know! the “ice cream cones” seem to be a bit deceptive as I don’t think the recipe is the same as what is pictured… maybe I am just missing something?

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I got this book and have yet to make a recipe: I”m inspired now to try! perhaps the chili or mango wraps that you all mentioned! I’ll post if I make something that comes out fabulous!

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

Beautiful pics in his book.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I used Rawvolution today to make a delicious corn salad… it came out great! I have yet to try Everyday Raw – keep us posted on the recipes!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

He’s very big on the young coconut which I just can’t seem to master opening so I’ve been a bit limited.