Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

need raw recipe for SAD couple

bittbitt Raw Newbie

We are making a book of recipes for a woman who is getting married at work. I wanted to put some raw recipes in there that were universally appealing. So far all I have come up with is lemon tahini salad dressing. Any other ideas? Like fun salads or something that is not “mock” cooked food, just yummy? It can’t have any dehydrator requirements as I am sure they do not have one.

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I forgot to say we are doing one for a mom who is having a baby too. So anything kid-friendly would be great. Thanks.

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

That raw ratatouille posted on this site could be a great side dish…now you’ve got me thinking, I’ll get back to you. You raise a good idea for me, too! My carnivorous sister and her sodapizzahusband are getting married in September, and since moving in together, they have been experimenting with food more and enjoying the process of making meals together. I should send them some secretly raw recipes!!! We should collaborate!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yes, i love giving people raw without them knowing it is different. hey, people eat raw all the time. if you call it that, they freak! i am serving a raw dip tomorrow to a bunch of SAD/SVD eaters. I bet they will think it has dairy in it until they find out I made it.

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

gazpacho is a good one, spring rolls (if you cheat and use rice paper, they are really impressive but super easy, if not use romaine leaves, but SADs are skeptical of this…), olive tapenades, fruit parfaits (I would have to find a raw pudding website).

stuffed portobellos: Marinade the mushrooms, washed and stemmed, in olive oil, onion, garlic, lemon juice, chopped dill, pepper, mustard seed, and sea salt until totally soaked and submerged, and then stuff with cheeze, lentils, sprouts, tomatoes, etc.

stuffed tomatoes: 4 beefsteaks 3 cups soaked sunflower seeds 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped and pref. soaked 1/2 tsp paprika 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped, plus whole leaves for garnishing 1 clove garlic 5 black olives, pitted *Cut off stems of tomatoes and save. Scoop out the seedy goodness of each one ( you can include it into gaspacho or salsa later!). Use a food processor to blend the sunflower seeds with the sundried tomatoes and paprika until smoooooth, then add the basil, garlic, and olives gradually. Stuff the beefsteaks with this mixture and then put their caps back on! You can do this for cherry tomatoes for hors d’eouvres!

coconut banana split: 4 bananas, peeled 4 frozen bananas, peeled and chopped 1/2 coconut and its water 4 medjool dates, pitted berries berries berries cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice etc

The fresh bananas are the base of the split—slice them lengthwise and place them in individual serving dishes. Process the coconut in a food processor. Blend the dates and berries and add coconut water until saucey. Blend the frozen bananas seperately, adding spices and perviously processed coconut until you have ice cream, and put it in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes. Top each banana split with ice cream and drizzled berry sauce, and voila! (ok, so this one is better to make for a SAD couple than to suggest they make themselves, unless they love (un)cooking…

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

Raw, basic, familiar ingredients would be the key. Perhaps salads such as Alissa Cohen’s potato salad or some type of simple dessert using the more common produce and ingredients found in a typical grocery store.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Eddie… uh… I mean kevin7197~ Oh no you didn’t!!!!!! Tell me it ain’t so!!! Did you just suggest including a copy of an Alissa Cohen’s recipe in a book of recipes? LOL

• ants on a log (celery, peanut butter and raisins, or same thing and apples instead of celery) for the lady with the kids. Smoothies are always easy to make too, most people have a blender, plus kids will like them with all the sweet fruit in them. for dessert the only thing I can think of that doesn’t require a FP is: un-peel a banana, put peanut butter on it then some chocolate chips on it.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

BLUEDOLPHIN - That was too funny.:)

BUSTED!...I MEANT to suggest Alissa’s salad as a reference of a type of salad, lol. I didn’t intend to suggest using her particular recipe, lol. Potato salad is pretty generic really. Spank me for not being clearer! LOL

tisk… tisk… tisk… You can type all the caps you want… we know what was really in your heart… PURE EVIL!!!!!

Y’all: Watch out for the snake in the grass!!

...compassion…compassion…compassion…compassion…compassion…compassion… ;)

Hisses @ Blue, LOL

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Oh, I just made the mango cheescake on this website, by cheflandria, I think…wow that was amazing! It’s not that it was so much like cheescake as much as it was that is was just soooo good!!! You could hardly tell it was raw. My dad was like, “Are you sure this is raw..?” lol it was that good. It’s fairly uncomplicated and easy to make too.

kevin7197~ Another miscommunication? Didn’t you MEAN Kisses to me. hehehehe

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Crikey, there must be loads of great recipes on this site if you do a search for the type of foods you are looking for.

Yeah that’s it, kisses, yeah. lol