Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

10 day master cleanse

Comments

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

well it’s day 5 and i am just really tired of the lemonade..not hungry, not starving, no cravings….just tired of the lemonade…maybe i change it to limes..i read limes are ok too…or does anyone has a different information…??

• Hey Sabrina…I’ve tried limes and I believe I’ve read that too…it’s a refreshing change, so do it!!!

The salt flush went fine…I almost threw up when I was almost done drinking that water though…just so totally disgusting. But I feel like it’s really cleansing me.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

I’ve also read that limes are okay. Keep up the great work, guys! You’ve inspired me to start the master cleanse, too! :D I can’t wait till I can start.

• Go Rachel_Akkiko! When are you starting???

I’m starting sometime this week, as soon as I can get some maple syrup, salt, and cayenne. My dad said he might do the cleanse with me too!

rachel..cool that your dad maybe join you…today we went extrem outlet mall shopping so i was busy until my husband bought my son some fries and i think fries haver never looked that good to me till today….again..its not that i am hungry..but i want to eat because i know i can..if that makes sense..anyway..i kept drinking stupid lemonade and 2 bottles of water…tomorrow first thing in the morning i will go get me some limes….stupid lemoms ;-)

• Yay Rachel!!! That’s fun your Dad is gonna do it too. It helps to have that support! My Mom is doing this with me and it helps a LOT!

Sabrina~ You’re too goofy! Stupid lemons?? Really, you made me smile. I’m starting to get a little tired of it too…but that’s okay…when you think about it, ten days isn’t that long. It goes by quick. I mean, tomorrow is DAY 5!!!!! Yay, seems like I just started!

yes sky princess..i am getting a bit silly from all the lemonade…i did not make it to grocerie store this morning..so…MORE LEMONS for me this morning…aaaahhhh…anyway..today is shopping again at a different mall and i will prepare me plenty of the mixture again to take with me while my husband probably inhales a philly cheese sandwhich when we get there…my favorite..oh well…i would trade nothing for my lemons right now..right???

• You’re super silly ;) But I love it!

Feeling a little sick this morning, but I’m okay now. Did some dry brushing and my skin feels so soft since I’ve started this cleanse, not sure if it’s because of the cleanse or the dry brushing, or both…but I like it.

Try the lemonade hot…that’s how I like it right now…seriously, I can’t drink much of it cold at this moment. Maybe because it’s really cold and rainy here.

nah…cant do hot..today it was 102…i know you are suppose to drink warm to cool off..but i cant when its soo freaking hot here..i guess tomorrow is my last day because wednesday i have to do the orange thing already…i really would keep doing it but how can i take my mixture on board…that would be a pain…trying to explain them what i am doing…i could say..hey..i am german and we do that once a year and i cant interupt the cleansing circle..lol..

• Yah, that might be difficult. :0) But GOOD FOR YOU Sabrina! You did a while! That’s amazing…I’m glad for you.

All day I drank it hot, not once cold…but for you it’s hot so I can understand that. :0)

One more day down! YAY!

• Day 6…and it feels good…yay! I’m kind of tired of the lemonade now and so I haven’t been drinking as much as I should’ve have been. Drinking it hot does really help though.

I think it really helps when you take each meal and each day at a time, not looking at like…oohhhhh, there’s still four more days…I’m trying to keep this good, but today and yesterday are the first days I’ve felt actually hungry. But that’s because I’m not drinking enough lemonade I guess. I’ll go get some more soon. :)

But besides me being tired of it…it’s all good.. I CAN DO THIS!! I CAN DO THIS! :) Go Me! GO ME! (just trying to keep inspired, lol)

• Today I said to myself….I NEED TO CHEW…so that’s what I’m doing…on all natural gum…I thought of my natural gum and said to myself…”I need to chew, no calories, no swallowing, no food content…and now I’m chewing to beat the band. I think this will help me. Yay!!! Something to make this fun.

All natural gum? Where do you get that?

Well, I’m gonna start the master cleanse tomorrow!!! :D I can’t wait. I think I’m gonna try to do it for 14 days if I can, but if I can’t go that long I’ll at least do 10 days.

Well, I’m gonna start the master cleanse tomorrow!!! :D I can’t wait. I think I’m gonna try to do it for 14 days if I can, but if I can’t go that long I’ll at least do 10 days.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

RACHEL - Good for you! I just purchased a bunch of lemons and maple syrup today and decided to start tomorrow as well. I stocked up on RO water which I have already remineralized. I have company coming down June 12th so I will try to go until the 10th and that puts us on the same timeline. Maybe others will join us.

I was really envious of Sabrina and Sky Princess so I decided I didn’t want to wait any longer. I am going to take the balance of the greens I purchased at the farmer’s market Saturday morning and freeze them for smoothies after the cleanse. I have these glass 1 gallon apple juice containers and I fill one up every evening for the next day and then just take the whole jug with me to work. I am really excited about getting started. :)

• Rachel and Meditating…YAY! Good for you guys…you can keep me company for four more days and each other too…accountability helps SO MUCH!

Rachel~ I got the gum from a health food store…it’s called Glee Gum…I always want to say Glee Glum, lol. I can imagine myself chewing normal gum if I get desperate enough, lol.

It’s funny, today I feel sort of weak, a trip up the stairs makes me tired and my legs are sorta shaky…but that’s ok…I just need to drink a little more and not exert myself overly too much.

So glad you guys will do it too! :)

meditating, rachel…good for you…hope all goes well..its not bad at all… I write late today because we have been really busy packing for our trip to san diego. Like i suspected, my husband ate his philly cheese steak sandwhich and i got mad..lol..and at night he ate my all time favorite snack..smacks (cerial)..i decided to make my own once done with the MC.. today is day 7 and i already added some orange juice since i will have to have some veggie soup tomorrow because we fly on wednesday. Its funny to know that i could eat not but i dont, you really feel you want to take it slow since your stomach had quiet a rest and i feel like if i just eat something it probably “hurts”. So..more orange juice today. I feel great and sad i cant continue i have to say..it is quiet the challenge PLUS i learned how much willpower i can have and how I can control food and not the other way around. everyone keep up the good work… sky princess…you can do it!!!! i have no doubt..i think if people quit its prob day 2 or 3..

SABRINA - What I liked most about my first MC was learning that I can control food and it doesn’t have to control me. It was so liberating and inspirational. I really look forward to doing that again. I am excited about starting the cleanse tomorrow.

• So true…I love the quote “Eat to Live, not live to eat…” This has been a good prioritzing thing. :)

Sabrina~ I bet that orange juice tasted really good, ey? I’m envying you, lol. Can’t wait for my orange juice.

Of course, on Friday I’m done and on Saturday I’ll have mostly orange juice, maybe another kind of juice (green?) maybe some very juicy fruit depending…we’re going to be doing a family dinner that night…so I’ll opt for just a small salad that night. Technically, I should be eating orange juice or other juices, but as long as I don’t pig out on salad or have an unhealthy dressing or anything, it should be fine.

Yep! I’m so excited. I couldn’t wait until tomorrow to try the lemonade, so I had some for dinner. It was actually really tasty! I can’t wait :D

lol, Sky Princess, that sounds so funny. “pig out on salad”

RACHEL - I know how you feel. I made a gallon and put it in the fridge to take to work tomorrow. Couldn’t wait though. I really like the taste. It is so simple yet it is satisfies. My last cleanse I never experienced hunger the entire time. I like really hot things so I put extra cayenne pepper in mine. Yummy.

• You two are funny…right now on my 7th day…I can’t imagine starting a night early…lol, I love it!!! But it’s going ok…today is pretty busy so I should get by alright. Got a million things to do and I don’t feel as weak.

I lost a 1/2 pound today…yay! Weird how I just stopped losing big bunches of weight after day 3. But I had very little to lose anyway. Don’t want to look to spindly now, do we? :)

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Hey ladies – you’ve inspired me so I’m hoping to start on Sunday. I’ve ordered the original book plus a new one, haven’t arrived yet. What I’m not getting is the type of water you use. We normally drink filtered water through the fridge from town fluoridated water (don’t know how much of the fluoride gets filtered out, if any). What are you using??

I buy water from a machine at my local market which is cleaned via reverse-osmosis, carbon filters, and ultra-violet light. Before I drink it, I remineralize it because drinking purified water is not goof for you. I don’t base this on the article in the link but on conversations with a RN friend and what I remember from biology class. I just bought these prill beads too and hope to see if they add anything to the value of my water.

• Hey Amysue…we have an ultra violet light, reverse osmosis thing installed in our home…

...So much for saying I’m not weak…I am now…my legs are shaky and I have got so much to do and I’m SO tired…wahhhhhh! Ok, I’m done crying and will try to get a hold of myself.

i had veggie soup and a nice salad..i feel great and had no stomach pains…not very hungry i have to say and i am staying away from what i usually eating..cant say i would not like to have a hamburger BUT..i feel comfortable for me to decide that i dont need it right now and will keep it for other times when i really want to splurge…i guess the food control thing is working…awesome..oh and i also had a few chashews..no problems so far….

• Good for you Sabrina! I bet that food tasted good! :) Is this your first day off then? Or second? My memory fails me…I want to know that me having a salad and a little really juicy fruit will be alright on the 1st day off, as well as lots of orange juice…what do you think? Glad you feel so good!

CONGRATULATIONS SABRINA! She did it! Wahoo! :)

SABRINA - I read somewhere that the key to ending a successful MC cleanse is the transition back to regular eating. If you transition like they recommend, , you will be more inclined to stay on a healthy eating program as you will develop a clean palate for whole foods and be more inclined to not gain back the weight you lost (excluding water loss).

It is such a good feeling to complete a cleanse. Today is day one for me. No symptoms yet but that is to be suspected. I am sitting here drinking my cold, super-spiced version of MC Lemonade. Last cleanse I started getting headaches by the end of the 2nd day so I would expect tomorrow may not be as pleasant.

This cleanse, I used my Blendtec to mix the MC lemonade. I read somewhere that it is important for us to eat seeds, which are beneficial and used to be included in our diets, so I added my lemon seeds and pulp this time and liquified them. (However, I can’t recommend eating avocado seeds despite their nutritional benefits because they are really nasty and taste like a box of old paper.) The seeds settled to the bottom with the cayenne, but the lemonade seems better mixed together. I know that doesn’t make since as the syrup and lemon juice are miscible and should have equal concentrations throughout. But it does seems to taste better.