Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

10 day master cleanse

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Good luck Gala!

Just an idea that I forgot to post as I was doing it. I found it helpful to make the salt water flush – 1 quart filtered water and 2 teaspoons sea salt – in a mason jar and let it sit overnight covered so it would be room temp when I chugged it. For me it was easier than ice cold water, depending on how you store your water. I always thought of it as “miso soup.”

• Thank you very much AlyssaDyane and amysue!

Good idea about keeping the SWF preparation at room temperature… I am already dreading that first experience! Do I really need to do it every day, or wold the laxative tea be enough, or alternate between the SWF and laxative tea?

• Hello all! You are all very inspiring and so my sister and I started the cleanse on Monday.

I have been doing well except for one thing that I was hoping you could help me with. I have not had a REAL bowel movement since I started. I have tried the SWF but I can’t finish it. Half of it fills me up to the puking point. I don’t mind the taste, I just don’t have the room for it and the smooth move laxative tea just gives me cramps. Should I do something different? Or does anyone have any suggestions to get me moving?

I look forward to having your support!

• i think you have to make yourself drink it even if you end up throwing up

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I am so frustrated so many things keep getting in the way of my MC start. Now, some raw friends have volunteered my bf and I to teach some raw drinks class next week (we need the money so we should do it). I wanted to start this Sunday and go for 14 days. grr!. Well, I will have to see on Sunday how that is going – If i do this I will have to drink test taste so I can’t really be MC’ing (haha – I sound like a game show host) when I am doing a class on raw foods. Darn. I really wanted to start this soon. Why didn’t I think about this a month ago when I had nothing to do?

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

alright…nevermind the MC…on the second day i had absolut chaos here, my dog got sick and my husband sent me to a million office to hget paper stuff done for our move..i had no time to shop and havent even been home all day so i had to eat some on the go, yesterday..mhh..i dont even know what was yesterday but i know i have not been home all day again. tomorrow i will go out with my friends who i wont see for a while …YES more friends to eat with..everyone is moving…so i decided to start saturday since i will be home all day sat and sun (i have a yardsale)...so much for my update…lol

• herblover – try to steep your tea less and see if that helps. Also, you should feel full chugging 16oz of warm salty water in the morning. At least I did anyway. Try to get the other one down, and if not, see what the first glass does for you (elimination wise). Maybe you just need to stagger them time wise if you have that option. Drink one, eliminate, drink next. And as far as real BMs go, it’s more broken down. So don’t expect something out of an old drano commercial. ;)

• Day 17 here, and I am now down 18 pounds. I feel great, and my skin is amazing. I am already planning next weeks meals (even though we won’t be on solid food until Thursday!) The bf’s daughter is on day 5. She is going to break her fast the same day as us. She was feeling kinda icky last night, so I took us to get pedicures and manicures. Perked us right up.

• AlyssaDyane – WOW! Congratulations on staying the course and losing all that weight! You must feel so light and refreshed. Can you share with us at which point during the cleanse it actually started becoming easy to stick with it? I mean, I know the fist three days of any fast are the hardest, but my struggle has always been a bit later, when I start becoming BORED!

Versepie – Yay, I am glad you are joining as well! Are you starting today as I am? I totally hear you about that “Last Meal” feeling… I also totally binged last night ( full confession on my brand new blog, www.gala-rising.blogspot.com ) and am so excited to be starting this! I did the flush this morning, but nothing so far… I guess I’ll try 3tsp instead of 2 next time.

Keep me posted on your experience!

• I think it starts to get easier for me after day 5. It does get boring, and I really miss food, but there are so many positives that far out weigh those things. At the beginning of the cleanse both my bf and I found ourselves craving all kinds of gross things that we don’t normally eat – like steak (he hasn’t eaten steak in over 20 year! About a year for me.), but those cravings started going away.Now we are pretty much just looking forward to healthy raw foods. The idea of eating some SAD foods, makes my stomach queasy.

Today is day 18. Only 3 days to go!

• Welcome on board, Versepie! It is very hard doing something like this when you have such negative input around you. Stay strong.

Day 19 and all is well. I think I’ll flush today.

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

Ok i will start tomorrow with my 2nd MC…..in case anyone will join..lets go…get you butt up and do it…hehe

• Day 20. One more day to go. I am so excited. On Wednesday, we are going to drink lots of orange juice, so we have a huge basket of oranges on the kitchen table, ready to go!

Well, I may be able to start my MC after all as the raw drinks thingie got delayed. I just need to go out and get my lemons and limes. I am aiming for no later than Thrusday! So, Sabrina you will have some company.

AlyssaDyane – I was wondering if you had any “interesting” cleansing going on during your 21 days? Do you feel like you got rid of a lot of old waste?

• Queenfluff, you betcha! I can’t believe how much stuff came out of me – and is still coming out!

AlyssaDyane – Did anything “usual” come out? like mucous or something out of the ordinary (parasites)?

Hope that is not too personal – I am just trying to get an idea of the level of cleaning that the MC will do since this is my first one. I am hoping to get rid of all the mucous and any very old debris in me.

I have read stories of when some people do cleanses they have little bugs and worms come out – parasites i guess. Just wondering if the MC can achieve that level of cleansing.

I have the MC book and I have read most of it – sounds like in ten days some guy got rid of ulcers so it sounds pretty healing. I am looking forward to a super cleanse! :)

Congrats on your 21 days! I am impressed! I am going to try for 14 days – we shall see!

• Well, I am getting long stringy strands. From what I’ve been able to research, it appears to be the inner mucus lining of my insides.

• Hi guys!

Sorry I’ve been away – just got bad news in my family back in Europe and might have to travel there in a month or so. Needless to say I haven’t been able to start the MC as planned on Saturday, so SORRY VERSEPIE about letting you down! Now that I have my bearings again (somewhat!), I shall start tomorrow and plan to go for 13 days for its symbolic meaning. So I guess I’ll join you, Sabrina! OK, LET’S DO THIS!!!!!

• Good to have you back, Gala.

Well, everyone – yesterday was my 21st day. I am done. Today I am drinking orange juice. This is the best freaking orange juice I have ever had in my life. I brought a huge jug of fresh squeezed with me to work, and I am TRYING to drink it slowly. I released 21 pounds in my 21 days. Now the task of properly breaking the fast, and not gaining the weight back. I was successful with that last time – we will see…..

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

AlyssaDyane – CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to check in on you and I’m AMAZED. I’m so happy for you that it was such a worthwhile experience. Enjoy your juice!

• AlyssaDyane- did you have a lot of extra weight to lose? I am about 165 and am wondering if I’ll be able to achieve the same results.

• Yes, unfortunately, I still have a lot of weight to lose.My boyfriend does not have a lot of extra weight to lose, and still lost 18. He is only four pounds away from his goal weight.

hey guys, I am still planning on doing my MC but yes, it got postponed again. Turns out I am doing the raw drinks party so I need to be able to taste test so no MC yet but I so want to do it as I haven’t been feeling great lately.

But one good thing is that my bf is going to do one too! I think I have more willpowder than he does so we will see how long he will last (if he starts at all).

Planned date to start is next Thrusday after the party!

Oh, AlyssaDyane – I meant to ask you, at what day did you see the mucous strandy stuff come out?

• Queenfluff, I think it was at the beginning of my third week. I don’t remember exactly what day, sorry. You know, I kept asking my bf about what he was eliminating, and he wouldn’t discuss it with me. He was in fact horrified that I asked him.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I have been on vacation and was happy today to catch up on everyone’s progress. I have eaten so many of my favorite foods the past week and am thankful I completed a 10 day cleanse before doing so. While I enjoyed so many of those wonderful, spicy foods I used to eat regularly, I just couldn’t stand the idea of having eaten them after I did so. By the 4th day I told my friend that I didn’t want to eat out any more because the food settled like stones. I started eating mostly raw again. In other words, it was my week to eat anything I wanted and I wanted raw food. I fixed my friend a few raw treats and she enjoyed them.

Next week I am going to a Saga Dawa pot luck with friends and after that I am going to restart my MC. I didn’t get to go as long as I wanted to due to the vacation but I can start over. SABRINA, I think you and I are kinda in the same boat.

Congratulations to everyone doing the MCs.

• I have started the MC today!

I did the SWF this morning, with no results. It’s been over 4 hours since I took the mixture and I am positive that I combined the right amounts of sea salt and warm water. Hm, oh well.

I will be using this forum to record my progress. The duration of my master cleanse is unknown.

• Kait, some people have to alter the salt to water ratio a bit. The flush was inneffective on my bf until he increased the salt amount.

AlyssaDyane – thanks! I just wanted to get some sort of an idea of how long into the cleanse might I see some mucousy stuff. I realize it is different for every person though. I am planning on 14 days hopefully so maybe I’ll see some stuff towards the end. :)

• Kait, Im starting the master cleanse today…. well, in the morning. Had laxative tea, am waking up doing the flush, and going for ideally 14 days, but most likely 10 as this is my first MC experience.

• Today will be my second day and I can already tell it’s going to be rough. I’m not hungry at all, but my brain keeps telling me to eat :(

I’m going to add more salt to the flush today to see how it goes.