Depression Free for Life by Gabriel Cousens - Anyone read it?

queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Has anyone read this book by Gabriel Cousens?

If so, did it have any helpful insights into depression and food?

I am considering reading this – I am very interested in information on depression and how food effects it, foods that fight it etc.

Comments

• i have not, but i enjoyed conscious eating very much. have you read it? he is certainly enthusiastic about veganism and very spiritual about the whole thing. sometimes he loses me when he quotes scripture, but overall he has become one of my most consulted nutrition resources. he is all about tailoring diet to the individual, and this has proved indispensable to me insofar as foods that have unbalancing effects, which will be different for different people.

i hope someone has read depression free for life so we can learn more about it! have a great weekend:D

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Hello, yes I have read it. It’s much to do with getting the right ratio of carbs, proteins and fats at every meal. It was sometime ago I read it so I can’t remember much more than that. I think the omega oils are very important for helping optimal brain function and combatting depression.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Thanks sweetpea!

Sounds like a lot on ‘food combining’ then? I was hoping for something that just had a list of foods to avoid and a list of foods to eat to help stay “happy” – and than maybe an explanation of how those foods work, nutritional value etc.

If he quotes the scriptures like Benny mentioned in his other book, I would definately stay away. Is there any of that?