Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Waffles

Hey everyone! My boyfriend and I are in need of a recipe for waffles. If there must be nuts then almonds are the only option and if I decide to eat them there can’t be many grains, if any. Sooo, anybody wish to take the challenge and come up with a recipe? We don’t use sweetners such as agave or honey either. Thanks!! :)

Comments

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Sure, blend an apple and 1/2 cup dates into a fruit puree, Put into a bowl and add in ground flax seed until you have a dough. Flatten out into squares like waffles and dry until you’re happy with the texture. Use apricot puree as a jam.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Mmmmm! Waffles.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

if you have a waffle maker, i read once some raw foodies use the trays to shape the batter and put them in the dehydrator.

• Super! Thank goodness your recipe rocks without all those nasty nuts and grains!! Phew!!!!! That’s a no go on the waffle maker, but this is going to be so much fun!!! Thanks again…

• that sounds so good! I’m gonna add cinnamon to mine and sun bake them asap. nice and simple recipe, love it.

• AziahAziah Raw Newbie

sweetpea that sounds fabulous! I have to try that for my kittens (and myself)! ...and I think I will try cinnimon too ;0)

btw – I love your website and all of the recipes!

• That is so funny, I woke up this morning thinking about how I could make waffles. I’ll be trying out your technique, sweetpea, thanks.

Actually, I think my recipe for banana crepes would work too.

Let me know how they turn out.

okay, this morning I made waffles by blending 1 pear, 2 bananas and then used some soaked prunes and apricots I had in the fridge to thicken the puree. Then I put the puree into a bowl and stirred in ground flax (a good cup or two) to make a thick batter. Then spooned into recatangle shapes and placed in dehydrator. Came out pretty waffley looking and tasting to me!