Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

what do you bathe with?

just wondering what concoctions everyone uses to keep from smelling yuckie!..lol

Comments

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

pepermint castille liquid soap, ive tried the eucaliptus too but my fav is the pepermint…. get it at henrys or trader joes

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i like the castile soap too.

i dehydrate my lemon & lime rinds to throw them in the bath and use as “sponges” on my body. i also like to splash salt water on my face.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I only use some natural soap on my pits if they smell – usually dr bronners or some all natural soap. Other than that I use nothing but water on the rest of me and i don’t smell. Sometimes i put some coconut oil on my pits too if I don’t feel like showering. If I have any smell there, the coconut oil gets rid of it. I wear oils sometimes like patchouli.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I just dry body brush and rinse well. Every so often I’ll take short bath with baking soda and salt and rinse after. The only deoderant I use is mineral salt.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I use baking soda after dry brushing and if pits are in a “smelly” state then Dr.Bonners peppermint to the rescue, also wash my hair with the soda and rinse with vingar.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

I use baking soda on my hair, and a mineral salt for deodorant if I actually need it.

• Hi, I agree with Dr. Bronner’s. Their stuff alwasy tops the list and it can be used in the kitchen as well. The products that I use on my body are by a company called Dr. Hauschka’s. Very responsible company and they use a lot of flower essences in their products. For toothpaste I use Weleda’s peppermint toothpaste, which is basically a salt, peppermint, and prickly ash combination.In the kitchen and the rest of the house I use vinegar and baking soda a lot. Hope that gives you some ideas. In Light and Peace, Kat

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i am sensitive so I have to only use glycerine soap. although i have on occasion used dr. bronners and been fine.

• I recently got the pure castile soap with oils of peppermint, olive and coconut plus aloe vera from trader joe’s, and I love it. My skin love it too, because is not longer flaky. For my hair and using the citrus one from the same place and I’m trying not to use conditioner anymore, but my hair look way to dry without it. and deodorant I use mineral salt too, just for security after too many years of using the other stuff.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

skin brushing and CHANDRIKA soap, i love it !

i use the crystal deodorant or lemon juice on my underarms when i need it.

• Rachel_akiko~ How do you use baking soda on your hair?

• Pre-dreads : scrub clean scalp with baking soda and rinse with apple cider vinegar and lavender oil.

Post-dreads: Dr. Bronners peppermint soap.

Underarms: cornstarch, baking soda, lavender oil mixture.

Teeth: peppermint soap shavings

Face: Raw honey and sugar

• thanks everyone! i got some Dr. Bronner

• Use organic soap when I am not to lazy to make my own soap.. (note to self need to start back skin brushing) I use ACV for deo. Face..mixure of olive oil and almond oil. Teeth baking soda

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

hair: nothing. occasionally lemon juice to degrease.

body: all natural bar soap

Teeth: dr. bronners liquid soap + lavender oil

Face: natural bar soap

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Water :c) I use a body brush and water on my body, then usually rub coconut oil all over. Mostly water with a very occasional ACV rinse on my hair. Baking soda and sea salt or tooth soap on my teeth. Water and coconut oil on my face.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

Gotta give my props to www.Terressetials.com. AMAZING TRULY TRULY natural products. Definitely highly recommend just reading through their site.

AND, a Raw diet is the best defense against body odor in my opinion :)

Cheers,

Kristen Suzanne

• *dry skin brushing before your shower. *Oliva olive oil soap at most UK health shops. Ingredients sapponfied olive oil, water, mineral salts *a mineral salts deodorant like Crystal Spring

Cheers 

• now i feel guilty! i haven’t gotten that far in my transition and am super active, so i use kiss my face shampoo and conditioner, finishing up my dove soap and then going to a natural bar soap, and crest because i have extremely weak tooth enamel and can have over 13 dormant cavities at any given time. i also use regular antiperspirant, not for the smell but for the wetness factor, and jason’s organics spray conditioner for my colour treated hair.

i am so bad!

• SuzicalSuzical Raw Newbie

Skin brushing: start at feet, small circles/strokes and brush UP toward the heart – Arms shoulders upper body next – brush DOWN (and in) toward the heart.

I’ve done skin brushing right before bed if I don’t have time in the morning.

• mewmewmintmewmewmint Raw Newbie

bronner’s lavender hemp liquid soap… oh yah it is also called castile soap

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

Dr. Bronner’s liquid soap. I use it on my furry baby, too.

• Mami is the “deodorant” that you use homemade? In that case can you please share the recipe? ;o)

Thanks!!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I just found Bathos while in Tennessee. I bought a soap bar and shampoo bar. I have yet to try it. All natural ingredients… and no glycerin.

Someone said glycerin was not good… I never heard that before and that’s all I use right now.

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

I’m with healthywoman, exactly the same – Dry skin brushing before shower in the morn to wake up lymph, olivia soap and a deo cristal. I also use coconut oil after (or in) bath/showers to moisturise but am out at the moment and have some yummy ‘Green People’ Body Comfort lotion. I’m big into Green people at the mo. I went to the ‘Natural & Organic Products’ trade show at Olympia earlier in the year and have done alot of research into products (am a non practicing beauty therapist, reflexologist and aromatherapist) and make my own alot too, Green People are one of the best I’ve tried so far.. Loving oil pulling too by the waqy, really makes a difference

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I use baking soda for body and hair with ACV for a hair rinse now and then. I use a applicator bottle from the beauty supply store and mix half baking soda and half RO water. makes it easier when applying it to the scalp. I have read a lot about the body brushing but I am still confused, is there a certain type of brush and where do you get it?

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

I beleive its a cactus hair brush.. Where are you in the world? In the UK they have a 50% off sale at Neals Yard and they do them, theyre about £3.50 at the mo. I got mine in a discount store (TK Max) and its fab. I had one from the body shop initially, and from boots but they were both crap, synthetic too soft and the bristles kept falling out! I cant live without mine, I’m away with work at the mo & had originally packed it, then took it out on the morning I left to use it & forgot to put it back in! Gutted! Its the easiest thing you can do to make a difference to your skin in my opinion, go for it!

• I’m with lalala – just not there yet with the natural soaps/deodorants. It’s a work in progress.