Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Loquats!

My cousin just gave me a huge bag of loquats from the farmer’s market. Does anyone have any good recipes or ideas of what to do with a bunch of loquats?

Comments

• Anyone? Anyone? I found some recipes online that all call for a saucepan or an oven. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don’t want them to go to waste! Thanks!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i’m going to answer even though i’ve never had one cuz no one else seems to be…

went on wikipedia and they seem to be similar to apricots. can’t you just pop them in your mouth? make green smoothies? dehydrate them and make your own dried fruit for later use?

it says that when they are not ripe they are “best for pies.” if you aren’t digging the flavor, maybe they aren’t ripe yet?

• Thanks pianissima!

I can pop them in my mouth, but there are A LOT of them. I don’t think I would be able to eat them all before they go bad, so I want to do something fun with them. Maybe I will look up some apricot recipes and just substitute for loquats…

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Wow…..where do you live? You must be lucky to get those unusual fruits.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

hey renoir, i deydrated mine i have two trees in my yard, so i have tons and tons, i use them in smoothies make fruit rollups with them and dried them for later,they where yummy and chewy like a dried apple, oh i also give them to friends, in bags! grin

• Hi Omshanti,

Can you tell me a little more, please on how you use the loquats to make rollups and dehydrate them like dried apples?? Thanks so much!

Freda