Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Sore throat and sneezy after cooked food

hey everyone, I am 90 percent raw vegan, though most of the time I really eat raw vegan all day. I host monthly potlucks, they are regular vegan potlucks, not specifically raw ones. This month was really good and most things were raw! I had a small serving of some cooked chili and rhubarb crisp. My tummy didn’t feel to bad immediately after eating it. However, the next day I have a sore throat and a sneezed a bunch of times. The sneezing was gone by late afternoon and I still have a bit of a sore throat by late evening. Do you think the cooked food caused it? what are your thoughts?

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Yes I would say it was probably the cooked food. As you get more and more raw your reaction to cooked changes. I hope you feel better soon ;)

• hey Zoe, Thanks for your insight.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

that happened to me when i had some vegan “half-raw” bread, immediately had a headcold, went away in a few days. weird, convincing though!

• thecavsmanthecavsman Raw Newbie

I remember when I was still on the way to being raw (about 3 weeks into transition) – I only ate whole grain vegan foods, and the only thing I had that was cooked were rice cakes and salmon (rarely). I didn’t have salmon for about a week and the next time I had it, I got sick to my stomach and layed in the bed for 20 minutes. All of a sudden cooked food wasn’t so appealing anymore, and I think that is what sped up my transition. That was the last piece of meat I ever had (and ever will).

So yeah, I def think that it’s the cooked foods. It’s good to be a little afraid to cheat.

• Ditto here, ate some ezichiel bread today and not only did my scalp inflame with psoriasis but my nasal passages inflamed as did my throat. I’m all phlemy. Blah, no mas any time soon.

• Yes, it definitely was the cooked food. Once we are mostly raw our bodies get healthier and have much more vital energy available to immediately get rid of toxins and the way the body gets rid of toxins of course is through uncomfortable symptoms.

I had originally intended to be only about 75% raw when I went raw five years ago, but I soon realized that I felt bad afterwards whenever I had any cooked food. It just wasn’t worth it so I went 100% raw and haven’t regretted it one bit. I feel amazing now and am loving life!!!

Blessings,

Audrey