Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Bananas: Simple Question

RawKRawK Raw Newbie

In my 100% experiment, I am coming to love them more and more. I really can’t get enough—the perfect base for smoothies, a great breakfast and the perfect portable snack. Keeps your calories up so you don’t dwindle away.

I’m wondering how many others feel the same—my question is: How many bananas do you consume in a day on average?

I know most don’t follow a routine, but I do maintain pretty regular patterns. Me? I have between 3-5 a day. I plan on building a hut in the jungle soon. ;)

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Well, I made amazing banana pancakes last night with like 10 bananas and all of the pancakes are gone as of 30 minutes ago. lol I love fruit.

• Fully you have posted on this. Yesterday I made a banana-based ice cream i found here and ate all three frozen banans in it. I often wonder if I eat too many banans, but they are so good! My husband says I am part gorilla….

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

lol yea, I made Lovin’my sunshine’s raw chocolate soft serve….I ate the whole thing with my mom! It feels good to be a gorilla. :)

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

About 2 or 3 a day. They are really a convenient food. They come in theie own container, and smooth up smoothies nicely. make thengs nice and sweet too. Kandaces banana crepes shows just how versitile this fruit is!!

• I usually try to stay at three a day although I could easily eat four or five. I love them too and use them in smoothies, salads, with honey or almond butter, or just by themselves.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

usually 2. i can’t put them in my smoothies because i share with my husband who is allergic.

each banana is about 74 calories.
  • MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I eat anywhere from 3-7 bananas a day, depending on what else I’ve consumed.

• roadrunnerroadrunner Raw Newbie

lately for me its been oranges but I eat about 25 to 30 bananas a day when im on bananas which will most likely be tomorrow! I was craving oranges badly so I went on them for a while but now I want bananas again so off to the store in the morning! Im so happy I found a source where I can get cases of organic fruit delivered a block from my house at a drop point. Oranges,Papayas,Mangoes,

Avocados, Bananas MMMMMM But I can only order once a month and I missed the last drop which was last wednesday so I have to wait till June 11, bummer

http://www.azurestandard.com/ <<<this is the online place I found

Rob

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

I love both! I thought i was the only one who couldn’t eat just one banana! I love them! I love Papaya too but they’re not as easy to get in my area…

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

roadrunner – does the organic fruit automatically come by the case? For instance:

Organic Mango Price: $12.15 Code: QP266 Size: approx 9 lb Shipping Weight: 10 lbs.

How many mangos would that include?

Moth, Im not sure yet, my first order arrives Ill actually see what im getting and can make necessary adjustments. Im going to just order a case of each of those items, the avocado actually tells you how many, 60 count, but the oranges dont but theres 40 pounds of them in a box which I know is alot because Ive been eating a lot of them lately and as for the papaya and mangoes Im just going to order about 40 bucks each worth and see what that gets me. 60 avocados is perfect because I usually eat 1 to 2 a day but lately its been 5 or 6, lol, but I just love avocados! And Oh Im not gaining weight from it either since so many think avocados are “fattening” theyre not. I was thinking what am I going to do when I place my order and have to wait a week to get it because Im spending food money that i usually spend now AND get the fruit now but I have to wait a week to get it so I have the perfect solution…. a seven day FAST! Its time for a fast for me anyway so good timing.

Rob

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Cool, I’m interested to see how much stuff comes in a case. I eat all organic produce except for mangos; I just love them so much! But I would love to have organic mangos, for a decent price.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

whole foods has organic haitian mangos 2 for $3. next to the ones my friend brought back fromm india, they are the best i’ve ever had! they actually taste perfume-y and you can eat the skin and all. i cannot rave ENOUGH about these. the flesh is this deep soft orange. it just drips.

if you have a whole food nearby, it’s DEFINITELY worth it. =)

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

My Whole Foods (I work there) had them for about two weeks awhile back, but they sold out, and have not ordered more!

I wonder if I could get the produce manager to order them again…I would buy a case of them for myself!

• RawKRawK Raw Newbie

Roadrunner—25 to 30 a day? are these finger bananas or full sized? and are you eating anything else throughout the day?

also, i take it you are a runner. id be curious to hear what a day of food looks like for you. i have been a runner for 4 years, and vegan for 3, but trying this total raw thing is new, so im always looking for advice.

• I’d say that I eat roughly 3-5 bananas per day, I love making strawberry banana smoothies with almond milk and I always use 2 big extra ripe bananas in it. Then I usually add them to my recipes because they make such a great base! I am hooked on bananas!

Roadrunner – that is LOT of bananas :) wow.

• At least one a day. I love freezing them then whipping them up to make banana ice cream. The texture is dead on.

• RawKidChef Why don’t you publish your recipe for banana pancakes? I for one would be interested in making them. They would hit the spot right about now!

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Hey Moth, You should be the Produce Manager!!! What are they stupid? They have a raw vegan on staff and you aren’t in charge of produce. What a shame. You should apply for that position and under qualifications put “I eat 7 Bananas a Day”. Lovebows, Chris

• I eat anywhere between 1 and 3 bananas a day. Love them.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I am not a fruit lover, and I like my bananas not totally ripe (but I have not try organic bananas in my all life, so perhaps that could make a difference).

RawK, If you think about it during a 12 hour work day, 25 to 30 banannas a day isnt much. Only 2.5 banannas an hour. I try to eat only one or 2 fruits a day or one thing all day, like bananas. I get hungry I grab the banannas and go. sometimes Ill eat 5 or 6 at once, other times 2 or 3 depending on how hungry or active I am. I deliver freight so I work all day, not sit behind a desk so I need the fuel. There are 7 banannas in one bundle, sometimes 8 for the small ones but I eat the large ones and the small ones,medium ones too so 25 to 30 isnt much to me, now If I sat down and ate 25 to 30 banannas Id say WOW HOLY COW too!!

Rob

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

i eat 1-3 bananas a day. because they are hybridized, and therefore theoretically sweeter than they should be, i usually mix them with something like green powder or flax to dull the effect on my blood sugar.

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

me and my 2 year old eat about 5 – 8 a day together….

• I eat about 3-5 bananas a day. I find that bananas are an ideal breakfast because they’re so portable. I also like to have them as “dessert”.