Going 100%....who's with me?

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

I have been 90% or so for the past month. I want to give up coffee totally (i’ve gotten down to about 1 cup or 2 on a bad day) and the occasional bit of bread. I would love some buddies to venture on this journey with me.

Anyone want to take the challenge with me?

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I’m already there! I’ll stick with ya though!

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

You can be my inspiration!!!! I’ll need it to get off the coffee that’s for sure. I’ve been hanging onto that last 1-2 cups….but since I’ve just read about acrylamide in brewed coffee, it might be the nail in the coffin for that…no pun intended LOL.

• Oh nycgrrl I’m with you!

I just made the same decision myself about 3 days ago. I work in a restaurant and I have to make coffees all the time, so it’s hard. Also sometimes we have long shifts and no time to eat and I get really hungry and tired, and a coffee usually perks me up. But I’ve been feeling so bad lately, drinking coffee during the day and then having to have an alcoholic drink or 2 (or more) to relax at night, it’s such a destructive cycle and I think ultimately it destroys my energy.

After a really big weekend involving way too much alcohol and cooked food, I decided to propose a challenge for myself: no alcohol, no coffee, and only 100% raw food for one month. Putting a time limit like that on it makes me feel like I can do it. After one month I’ll assess how I feel, and whether or not I want to continue.

I’m really glad you’re at a similar place. It is really nice to be going through this with a community.

PS. I used to live in NYC for 7 years and I really miss it!