Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Bought some young coconuts...and have some raw cacao too...what should i make??

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

I was thinking of ice cream, but don’t seem to have any cashews on hand…maybe some sort of smoothie? i’ve been looking for recipes but can’t seem to find anything…maybe something with a frozen banana? thanks for any tips! i really want to try this coconut, it will be my first!

Comments

• biscuitbiscuit Raw Newbie

Just drink the milk relax, and enjoy :) then keep the meat for a recipe. Try blending it with the cacao and a couple of medjool dates for a choccy drink??

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Yum. How about coconut macaroons! They are yummy. And, you don’t really need to dehydrate them.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I LOVE raw warm cocoa – 2 c.warm water, 3 T.cacao powder, 1/3 c. raw agave (or to taste), 1/2 tsp. maca powder, the meat of 1 young coconut to make it creamy, and blend it all in the blender – yummy! You may be able to leave out the maca if you don’t have it, but it helps the cacao blend in.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Oh, yeah – My Chocolate Coconut pie is really yummy, too – I may have to make one myself… :)

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Why would you need cashews to make ice cream? Cashews are gross to me…I always replace them with almond milk. You don’t even need that. Just blend the coconut meat with powdered cacao beans and some agave, with a little water to thin it. Then just throw it in the ice cream maker. Or leave out the water for dilectable (sp??) chocolate pudding. Gosh, there are so many things you can do with young coconut – make shakes, creams, the list is endless. Also you can cut the meat into noodles and serve with a big salad wih avocado and spring vegetables, like in the recipe in Sarma’s book.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

mmmm chocolate coconut pie!!! yumm…how does this sound: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.as…

oh, and this recipe looks awesome, except I don’t have the cashews! Mint Icecream: http://rawfoodtoday.blogspot.com/2008/01/raw-ch…

• “Raw Food Real World” has a fantastic chocolate pudding recipe:

“Serves 4

2 cups coconut meat, 3/4 cup coconut water, at room temperature (or more, if needed to thin), 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1/3 cup agave nectar, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt

In a Vita-Mix or high-speed blender, puree all the ingredients until completely smooth, stopping to scrape the sides as necessary. Transfer to bowls and chill for a firmer pudding, or eat it straightaway. Try this with raspberries and fresh mint, or chopped nuts.”

okay autumnides!! that sounds amazing. making it RIGHT NOW.

ok so it ended up more like a smoothie. I used one frozen banana, the pulp from the coconut, about 1/2 cup of the water, some dark agave and a bit of maple syrup, and about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of cacao. One more question: am i going to be up all nigght now??? LOL