Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What is the Deal with Maple Syrup?

AziahAziah Raw Newbie

Ok, so it isn’t RAW (obviously)...but what about the finished product? Are their any enzymes left in it? Is it “ok” to use on a RAW diet or will it result in stored toxins?

Comments

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Its my understanding that if you use it just get organic and Grade B. Its less refined. I don’t think toxicity is an issue as much as the super concentrated sugars it gives a body. I use it once in a blue moon. All things in moderation. Even Moderation. ;o)

• ummm Im guessing mrs. butterworth brand doesnt make the grade? lol

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

As it is boiled down to make syrup. It is not raw, as you know, so it does not have enzymes, they are all killed at above body temp. It will be treated by your body as a poison. As all cooked foods are… Read this for futher information about what heating does to foods and how our body reacts: http://purelyraw.com/cooking.htm

It depends on how raw you want to be really doesn’t it? I use date syrup, which is dates blended with water, add a little sea salt and it is just like caramel sauce, yum!

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Well, some people say it has lots of minerals and vitamins, and I’ve been using it on the master cleanse. I’m going to substitute it with Blue Agave Nectar because the maple syrup is actually making me GAIN weight, and it’s not even raw anyway.

• bananaboybananaboy Raw Superstar

“All things in moderation”

I can’t stand that phrase! I have known several people who smoked in moderation, drank in moderation, ate the SAD diet in moderation, etc. They are now either dead or are gradually dieing of cancer, heart desease, diabetes, etc. Of course, doing things that are bad for you in moderation is better than doing them to excess. But the phrase should be…

“All GOOD things in moderation”. (eating 100 apples would probably kill you!)

Harmful things should not be indulged in at all if your goal is to be the best you can be health wise. I think most people’s goal on this forum is to be 100% raw. Anyone here looking for moderation in their raw journey…50% raw and 50% SAD?? Not me anyway.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

the deal with maple syrup is that its not raw, but its vegan (obviously). it does have lots of vitamins and minerals. i use it once in a while.

• thecavsmanthecavsman Raw Newbie

All good things in moderation is true jgfergus.

I think it is alright to say all things in moderation – because one slice of pizza 2 times a year won’t kill you. I guess everyone has a different opinion about moderation since moderation, for me, is .05% cooked food (actually less), whereas to some people moderation is eating 20% raw.

I doubt 100 apples would kill you though – evidenced by hot dog and chicken wing eating contests lol

• So that means that the mc is not a good way to clean up your system, because they use maple syrup in it. Then I guess I should stop my mc I’m on my 2nd day today. What should I do?

rachel_akiko Blue Agave Nectar is not raw.

• thecavsmanthecavsman Raw Newbie

Not sure what MC is, but I started using raw honey a week ago – the creamy colored really raw kind (We Bee Honey Brand) and it works great as a sweetner in place of agave – but I’m not sure about in place of maple syrup. What is mc?

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Nothing you drink will detox you, your body will detox when it wants to and that’s it. Who knows if the drink part of the MC is important or not, after all who can say that it’s not the fasting that does it. If the drink did it on it’s own, then why can’t you just do the drink and not do the fast.

The only way to “clean up your system” is to stop adding toxins to it. Once you stop, your body will get the message and start detoxing. After this, life is a breeze. Your will crave only good things because you cravings will be nutrition based, NOT ‘toxic residue addiction’ based.

My mouth waters now when I go for a walk outside and see all the green plants. It’s really amazing for a former lover of 16oz.Ribeyes and Big Macs.

Lovebows, Chris

• thecavsman MC stand for The Master Cleanser.

Thank you for your comment chriscarlton, you got a good point.